Arsenal rifle/scope questions

PDA

Mr.Barty
February 6, 2012, 11:15 PM
What are your guys thoughts and/or opinions on the arsenal AK rifles, particularly the 5.45X39 model?
Also, what would you use to mount a dragunov PSO scope onto said arsenal rifle?

If you enjoyed reading about "Arsenal rifle/scope questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mshootnit
February 6, 2012, 11:19 PM
I have the arsenal 5.45 it's very nice. Shoots 2" groups with silver bear and a red dot. You can buy the AK version PSO scope that will mount right to the side rail.

Mr.Barty
February 6, 2012, 11:22 PM
Would you happen to have a link for the scope?

mshootnit
February 6, 2012, 11:31 PM
http://kalinkaoptics.com/rifle-scopes/posp/posp-4x24-rifle-scope-w-1000-meter-rangefinder-mil-spec-grey-1-5v-aa-battery-ak-version.html

http://kalinkaoptics.com/rifle-scopes/pso/pso-4x24-illuminated-rifle-scope-w-dragunov-1000m-rangefinding-reticle-bdc-turret-ak-version.html

Rob G
February 7, 2012, 02:45 AM
I also have an Arsenal in 5.45x39 and I have to say it's by far my favorite rifle. We have a range set up with 8" steel gongs at 300m (not yards) and with that AK and iron sights I can ring those gongs all day.

henschman
February 7, 2012, 06:15 AM
If you get that scope, you will need to add a tall cheek rest to the stock in order to get a proper shooting position.

JustinJ
February 7, 2012, 10:09 AM
I have a PSO mounted on mine but had to replace the mount as the one it came with does not match the Saiga mount. I installed a cheek pad on the stock as well. When i finish the conversion i'll throw the PSO on my saiga 308 and go with a red dot on the 74. Midwest industries and some others have some good looking mounting options. Mine holds 2" with 7N6 but doesn't do nearly as well with the hornaday 5.45 which i found surprising.

If you enjoyed reading about "Arsenal rifle/scope questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!