Wood stock availability

PDA

daniel craig
February 6, 2012, 11:14 PM
Does anyone make a good wood stock for the savage axis. I absolutely LOATHE the synthetic stock on my axis and was hoping there was a good walnut stock for one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wood stock availability" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jmr40
February 7, 2012, 11:34 AM
If you loathe the wood stock you shouldn't have bought the AXIS. I don't see anyone ever offering it. Would be like putting chrome wheels on a John Deere. I'll bet someone has done that before though.

SharkHat
February 7, 2012, 11:52 AM
The scuttlebutt around the campfire seems to be that there is not much available on the market for the Axis. I think it's mostly due to the fact that the Axis recoil lug is embedded in the stock rather than the action, not because of an inherent lack of quality in the action itself.

Dentite
February 7, 2012, 12:20 PM
I think the best thing to do would be sell the Axis and buy a Savage Classic (or American classic depending on the chambering). I have a Savage 14 Classic in .223 and it has a nicely finished walnut stock.

Factory finish, inletting, etc.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wood stock availability" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!