How many shoot Enfield in matches?

PDA

crazy4milsurps
February 7, 2012, 10:45 AM
Any of you guys shoot Lee Enfield in matches or competitions?

If you enjoyed reading about "How many shoot Enfield in matches?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tahunua001
February 7, 2012, 12:55 PM
it'll depend on the match, the sights and the enfield. there are a number of different sights, many of which require kentucky windage at different ranges. for instance my N04MK1 has a 300 meter aperture and a 600 meter aperture. at 100 yards I have to aim about 8-10 inches low in order to hit my target with the 300 meter aperture, I have to aim a good 14-18 inches low with the 600 meter aperture so you see a person would have to spend a LOT of trigger time at a number of different ranges to hit anything accurately unless they had the variable range rail sights. mine is very decent left and right since I can usually within 2 inches left or right on a set of steel pipes we have set at 100 yards but up and down is about 6 inches since I have to guess with my elevation. I know of a number of gun clubs in my area that have mosin nagant shoots and have seen them having 91/30 practice days at the range but I never paid much attention to ranges and targets use but I would say that somewhere you're bound to find a group somewhere that has enfield shoots

crazy4milsurps
February 7, 2012, 01:18 PM
I have the milled rear micrometer sight but still like you I lack rear adjustable windage. What me and you need is the Parker & Hale 5C sight.

MJ
February 7, 2012, 01:27 PM
Last time was 2010 so not lately.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/montereyjack/243c48c2.jpg

kaferhaus
February 7, 2012, 02:15 PM
We have regular well attended surplus rifle matches at our club. Next to the Mosin, the Enfields finish at the bottom with regularity.

1903s, 1917s, Swedes and the Swiss 7.5x55 are always at the top.

If you enjoyed reading about "How many shoot Enfield in matches?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!