Mystery scope.

PDA

Kachok
February 7, 2012, 09:14 PM
I just bought a Savage package deal rifle, I know the package guns normaly come with a Simmions Blazer/8 point scope but this one has Bushnell written on it, but no markings as to the model. It looked better then the Simmions on the other ones so I grabed it up. Anyone have any idea what this is? Sorry it won't let me post the pic.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mystery scope." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MachIVshooter
February 7, 2012, 09:15 PM
Probably a Banner 3-9x. Pictures?

travisd
February 7, 2012, 09:21 PM
My Axis came with a Bushnell 3-9x40 on it. I believe it says more on the bottom under one of the rings but I don't remember what and don't really feel like taking it all the way off. All I can see now is 3-9x40, waterproof, and some numbers. Can't quite see the next line. You might find something helpful under there.

Kachok
February 7, 2012, 09:42 PM
Probably a Banner 3-9x. Pictures?
The zoom adjustment knob is different then the Banner, other then that it is similar, sorry I don't know why it won't let me upload the photo. :( Glass quality seems to be good, not Nikon good but what else is? If it survives a trip to the range with full powerd handloads in an 06 I will call that a decent scope :) The Simmons that came on my 270 win failed after about a box.

helotaxi
February 7, 2012, 09:50 PM
It's a Sportsman 3-9. I have 2 of them. One sits on a shelf and the other is on my .22.

CHALK22
February 7, 2012, 09:54 PM
I was given that same scope from a buddy that bought the Savage package. He replaced it with a Leupold VX-3. I He gave it to me for an R700 .243 that needed a scope that was made in the last 30 years. I had more than one no-shoot shots during hunting season, because I couldn't see through the old scope due to light, fog, etc to make a clean kill. Anyway, he gave it to me, and after some rings, and sighting in, it seems just fine for what I need it for. Even broke it in with 30 rounds of handloads that I was shooting for load devolpment. I will admit I will probably get a different scope for the .243 down the line, and the little Bushy will then become a 101/22 scope or something like that.

snakeman
February 7, 2012, 10:04 PM
hmm never heard of a 101/22

travisd
February 7, 2012, 10:06 PM
Couldn't find any thing helpful on my scope but looked at the papers that came with it and it says it's a Bushnell Sharpshooter scope.

Kachok
February 7, 2012, 10:10 PM
I checked user reviews on the Bushnell sportsman seems to be a pretty good scope for an el-chepo. Between 4 and 5 stars everywhere. We will see if it can hold a zero with upscale 06 recoil. Heck I will give it 3 stars just for that :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Mystery scope." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!