Savage FXP - Bipod AND Sling?

PDA

liberalwithagun
February 8, 2012, 12:38 AM
THR,

Last summer I purchased a Savage FXP. I absolutely love this firearm. I am now in the process of looking for either a good sling or a bipod. Is it possible to mount both a bipod and a sling? It would be nice to have a sling to carry and a bipod to take a very steady shot.

I was able to find a Ar-15 bipod + sling option. Does something exist for other rifles?

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage FXP - Bipod AND Sling?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LoonWulf
February 8, 2012, 12:49 AM
there are bipods that mount to your sling swivel and then you mount your slings to them. I just moved the sling stud on my savage back a couple inchs and screwed a bipod on in front of it.

NeuseRvrRat
February 8, 2012, 11:03 AM
my harris bipod has a sling stud built into the bipod so you can attach the sling to the bipod. or you can do what LoonWulf said and install another stud behind the bipod. nowadays, some stocks come with 2 studs in the forearm.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage FXP - Bipod AND Sling?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!