M17S

PDA

jojo200517
February 8, 2012, 09:29 PM
Anyone got a M17S bushmaster?

I seen one for sale locally for $700 bucks that seems to be in good condition. Is this a good deal.

No clue what year of manufacture is but I believe it to be a preban one as it has a muzzle break/flash hider.

These take standard AR mags right? How is reliability of the platforms?

If you enjoyed reading about "M17S" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ian
February 9, 2012, 12:21 AM
I had one for a while, but I'm a lefty so I didn't shoot it much. Mechanically it's more or less an AR18, which is a good thing.

The brake doesn't necessarily mean preban. All of the M17 rifles had threaded muzzles for a keeper nut, including post-ban ones.

My only complaint (other than it not being ambidextrous) was a pretty lousy long trigger pull. They do use standard AR mags, and are good guns.

Limey46
February 9, 2012, 10:13 AM
I've had a couple and liked them. Very reliable, accurate, well built, easy to clean/maintain...negatives are the difficult trigger and the way the forend heats up in rapid fire. Past the first mag it gets a little toasty on your fingers.

If you enjoyed reading about "M17S" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!