New bill up in Iowa

PDA

browncoatdawn
February 8, 2012, 09:40 PM
has anyone seen this article? I just did the other day, and am proud that this could come to pass in my home state. If it does, I may just stay here!

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120208/NEWS01/702089941/0

If you enjoyed reading about "New bill up in Iowa" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
February 8, 2012, 10:04 PM
Exactly what plan of action are you proposing?

browncoatdawn
February 8, 2012, 10:34 PM
I was hoping for some comments, some interest, possibly some fellow iowans who would say a bit. I found it unuaul that I only found out about this through an out of state article. So I would hope to show the article and see if others would like to call their representatives and voice their opinions.

hso
February 8, 2012, 10:41 PM
Got a list of them?

Rembrandt
February 8, 2012, 10:49 PM
An amendment to the Iowa Constitution requires passage through two legislative sessions and must go on the ballot before it's law. With Gronstal "running" interference with the senate, it's doubtful it will make it through this legislative session. He's up for re-election and needs replaced....if that happens then we might have a chance getting it through.

browncoatdawn
February 8, 2012, 10:50 PM
this is a link to the list of iowa representatives so you can contact them to inform them of your feelings on this issue. You can just follow the links..........

http://www3.legis.state.ia.us/ga/legislators.do?ch=h

dcarch
February 9, 2012, 02:20 PM
Finally! It's only gonna be the lawyer-folk in Des Moines and Iowa City who will oppose this.

browncoatdawn
February 9, 2012, 05:53 PM
I have seen general support asside from a few lawyers in Des Moines, who seem to think it will make it easier for crooks to get guns. They must be worried about dissatisfied clients from past cases?
Personally, I feel it's a great move, and might even bring some new production work in from a few less gun friendly states. I would love to see Springfield Armory move into Iowa.

dcarch
February 9, 2012, 07:53 PM
It would be awesome if they and RRA pulled a Les Baer and moved across the river.

If you enjoyed reading about "New bill up in Iowa" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!