9mm expander plug OD.

PDA

buddhas
February 11, 2012, 01:30 PM
Ideally, what is the proper or best size O.D. for a 9mm expander plug? Is it a good idea to have 2 plugs? One to use with lead cast bullets and one to use with FMJ bullets.

Thanks, buddhas

If you enjoyed reading about "9mm expander plug OD." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
February 11, 2012, 01:50 PM
The expander needs to be at least .002" - .0025" smaller then the bullet diameter.

I use the same one for everything.

rc

GLOOB
February 11, 2012, 03:00 PM
For cast, just screw them down farther to get more flare. I think once the bullet gets started past the mouth, it will open up the rest of the neck just fine, giving you the coke bottle look. Heck, I've loaded some soft plated wadcutters (dead soft bullet, super deep seating) in .38 brass which had a long, thick web. Instead of the brass squishing the bullets down, the bullets pushed the brass out so far the rounds wouldn't chamber.

If you enjoyed reading about "9mm expander plug OD." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!