Winchester Model 1400 Carrier Release

PDA

NJBuckHunt
February 12, 2012, 12:44 PM
Hey all... I have a friend who's just getting into hunting. He had no budget but wanted an autoloader so he wound up with a Model 1400 Winchester. We test-fired it and it was fine... but now the carrier release isn't functioning properly. I looked it up and this gun had a plastic system in place that's notorious for failure. (Who the hell in product R&D thought that was a good idea?) Anyway, although not one of Winchester's best efforts... I am now trying to help him get it fixed. Does anyone have the takedown guide? I have the owner's manual - but it's field strip info and a vague exploded diagram. What I'd really love is a DIY video or gunsmithing video on the replacement / repair. Please advise. Thanks all!

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester Model 1400 Carrier Release" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
learning
March 23, 2012, 10:08 AM
radocy takedown guide $10 on EBANG

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester Model 1400 Carrier Release" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!