KAC triple tap muzzlebreak: why so much $?

PDA

spazzymcgee
February 12, 2012, 04:39 PM
Has anyone seen or used this muzzlebreak before? I've come to terms with their extremely, unnecessarily expensive rail systems, but this, I just don't understand. This muzzlebreak is like $440! http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/KAC-Knight-s-Armament-QD-Muzzle-Compensator-p/KAC%2025683.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "KAC triple tap muzzlebreak: why so much $?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
February 12, 2012, 04:50 PM
Couple of reasons I can think of.

1. Knights gets military contracts for stuff like that.
Wouldn't do to sell it to civilians for $29 bucks and sell it to the GooberMint for $750, now would it!

2. Build it and they will come.

rc

Chris Rhines
February 12, 2012, 05:25 PM
The KAC Triple Tap is made of Inconel 718. It's a very expensive material, and very difficult to machine.

-C

spazzymcgee
February 12, 2012, 11:20 PM
Thanks, now I at least have SOME clarity. How important is it really to make said flash hider out of such expensive metal?

rcmodel
February 12, 2012, 11:25 PM
How important is it to have a $400 suppressor mount muzzle brake if you don't have a suppressor?

To the Tackycool guy that has to have all the best toys on his AR-15?

$400 important I guess!

Like I said before:
Build it, and they will Come!

rc

If you enjoyed reading about "KAC triple tap muzzlebreak: why so much $?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!