IMR 800X in.45ACP

PDA

premier1
February 12, 2012, 07:27 PM
I have been loading 5.9 gr,of Bullseye in .45 ACP for my Taures PT145 Millenium.This of course is a very light load which has worked well in this subcompact.I have been considering using IMR800X at 6.7 grains which would be a heavier load. Oddly I have seen better results with a slower lighter load in .45ACP I am loading 230gr. fmj bullets.Any one out there using IMR800X.

If you enjoyed reading about "IMR 800X in.45ACP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Cycletroll
February 12, 2012, 09:06 PM
I use it but only for heavy +p or .45 super loadings. It creates a lot of velocity at low pressure and does not work so well for light loads. Plus it doesn't meter for sh*t because of the large flakes so its a pain for high volume target/plinking loads. If you want to make max velocity loads and are willing to hand weigh every charge go for it but if your loading light there are many far better powders.

If you enjoyed reading about "IMR 800X in.45ACP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!