Forum bomb throwing.

PDA

Chuck Dye
February 10, 2004, 11:17 AM
In thread

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64322

moderator Steve Smith expresses an opinion and then locks the thread ending any possibility of discourse in that thread. I do not wish to open discourse on that thread’s subject here, I want only to discuss the closure, which I believe is an abuse of the moderator’s privilege and runs counter to the purpose of this or any forum. The poll results will suffice for me, what say you?

If you enjoyed reading about "Forum bomb throwing." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cordex
February 10, 2004, 11:26 AM
The moderator doesn't say that there should be no discussion on the issue, he just tries to explain something that comes up often. Think of it as a Frequently Asked Question rather than a discussion thread.

Unless he says otherwise, you could start a thread of your own if you were interested in debating the issue.

I guess I don't see how this is a bad thing.

SodaPop
February 10, 2004, 11:28 AM
He's a Moderator.

Its a ROYAL DECREE.

:p

zahc
February 10, 2004, 11:37 AM
Unless he says otherwise, you could start a thread of your own if you were interested in debating the issue.

Sounds fair enough to me.

Sean Smith
February 10, 2004, 11:38 AM
"FLOAT" topics by moderators aren't SUPPOSED to be discussion topics. They are supposed to be, "read this before posting" type things. On the other hand, I don't know if Moderators are supposed to use that functionality as a personal soapbox, either. That's a matter for the THR "management" to judge.

I will say that this sort of topic (MODERATOR X SUXXORS!) is usually frowned upon. Also, what the heck does this have to do with Legal & Political?

Jeff White
February 10, 2004, 12:10 PM
If you've got a problem with a moderator's decision, take it up with the moderator in question via PM or e-mail.

Closed

Jeff

If you enjoyed reading about "Forum bomb throwing." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!