MO: No Supreme Court ruling yet, but...

PDA

John Ross
February 10, 2004, 02:34 PM
...the case that the Court *did* rule on today was one they heard Jan. 9th, two weeks before our CCW oral arguments, so that might be a good indicator they're getting close.

The Supreme Court issues its opinions at 1:00 pm on Tuesdays, BTW.

JR

If you enjoyed reading about "MO: No Supreme Court ruling yet, but..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
chrisher
February 10, 2004, 02:53 PM
I was REALLY hoping it would come today...Would have been a GREAT birthday present!! Oh, well. I guess I can wait until the 24th.

Mizzoutiger
February 10, 2004, 02:57 PM
Quick question on the topic. Is the bill in it's current form going to allow reciprocity for a Florida permit?

I'm still 22 :fire:

John Ross
February 10, 2004, 03:00 PM
You mean the LAW in its current form. Yes. Age 23 is only for Missouri permits. Missouri will honor ALL 44 state permits when the injunction is lifted.

JR

Mizzoutiger
February 10, 2004, 03:05 PM
Guess I better start filling out that paperwork for my FL permit then.

:D

glocksman
February 10, 2004, 03:10 PM
Question.

Does the law have a 'separability' clause?

Say the court does strike it down based on the Hancock law, could objecting Sheriff's opt out of the CCW permit system while the rest of the law stands, or would the entire law be invalid and you're back at the starting gate again?

ponyexpress
February 10, 2004, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the update John. I've been watching the internet for updates but hadn't seen much. I agree with you, hopefully we're getting close.

xenophon
February 10, 2004, 07:16 PM
Good luck guys. I might have been disappointed about the WI CCW getting shot down, but the fights in other states are keeping my hopes up and keeping me busy until Jan 2004 when we can finish our fight again. I'm anxiously waiting the ruling there in MO.

x

joelr
February 14, 2004, 12:07 PM
"the waiting is the hardest part."

And pretty durned annoying, too.

If you enjoyed reading about "MO: No Supreme Court ruling yet, but..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!