Is Double Tap Ammunition out of business?

PDA

Supertec
February 15, 2012, 04:21 PM
Is Double Tap Ammunition out of business? There phone number doesn't work at all.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is Double Tap Ammunition out of business?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GunNut
February 16, 2012, 12:45 AM
Pretty sure they are still in business.

My local gun store and Wholesale Sports both stock and sell their ammo.

Eric's Big Head
February 16, 2012, 03:37 PM
Sorry not a fan of those crooks so... :D

If you were looking for ammo, try Swampfox or buffalo Bore

Viottato
February 16, 2012, 03:44 PM
I see the name changed slightly to "McNetts'" doubletap. Perhaps the company changed hands along with a new phone number.......

GunNut
February 16, 2012, 03:44 PM
I see the name changed slightly to "McNetts'" doubletap. Perhaps the company changed hands along with a new phone number.......
Mike McNett has always been the owner of Double Tap.

I too am not a fan of their ammo, nor would I ever spend my money on it.

jem375
February 16, 2012, 03:53 PM
I buy his 10MM and 357 Mag ammo and it is very good ammo. I don't see why anyone wouldn't buy it...

GunNut
February 16, 2012, 04:07 PM
I buy his 10MM and 357 Mag ammo and it is very good ammo. I don't see why anyone wouldn't buy it...
I believe the biggest issue that most people have is the published velocities do not match actual velocities, plus it's damn expensive.

jem375
February 16, 2012, 04:32 PM
I believe the biggest issue that most people have is the published velocities do not match actual velocities, plus it's damn expensive.
That is out of his guns, of course velocities won't be the same.

GunNut
February 16, 2012, 04:34 PM
That is out of his guns, of course velocities won't be the same.
Out of same length similar guns the velocities were supposedly off 100-200ft/second.

Like I said, these are reports that I have read mostly by guys over on Glocktalk.com

wild cat mccane
February 16, 2012, 04:49 PM
Buffalo Bore is the biggest offender.

Posted data of Gold Dot bullets while selling bullets with generic (read crappy) hollow points.

intercooler
February 16, 2012, 06:18 PM
Bullet switch was doubletap.

hardluk1
February 16, 2012, 07:19 PM
I have used some of DT's 44 mag loads. Chrony out just alittle higher than advertized and good solid ammo. They do use nosler hand gun bullets and that does tend to be an issue getting it from time to time. so choice can change.

trex1310
February 16, 2012, 08:46 PM
I've used Doubletap a lot and never had a problem with it. However,
I now use just factory stuff. The DT & BB are just to expensive for me.

intercooler
February 16, 2012, 08:56 PM
Factory ammo is really watered down. No need to shoot it... get Underwood Ammo or Scottsdale Ammo and enjoy. Both are hard hitting and not bad on the wallet.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is Double Tap Ammunition out of business?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!