Sks from cabelas.

PDA

Robbins290
February 15, 2012, 05:30 PM
Did anyone else get a yugo 59/66a2 from cabelas? They sent a rush letter saying i have to bring it back to get checked out. Does anybody know why?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sks from cabelas." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HankB
February 15, 2012, 05:36 PM
Don't bring it back unless/until they explain to you exactly why they want it back.

There might be something unsafe about it . . . in which case you want it fixed or replaced with a like rifle.

Or there might be something good about it that they want to undo.

More discussion:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=642632

Robbins290
February 15, 2012, 05:57 PM
Thanks hank

leftyz
February 15, 2012, 05:57 PM
yeah if you've fired it already, you are fine, if you haven't yet, take it in, or disassemble yourself and look for a big hole drilled in the receiver

TwoEyedJack
February 15, 2012, 06:01 PM
Somebody recently bought a Yugo SKS from Cabelas that had a big hole drilled through the side of the barrel into the chamber. Left a nice mark on the guy's left hand. He posted a picture and it was not pretty. Some buyer at Cabelas got suckered into buying de-milled guns. I got the same letter. Lucky for me, mine was not de-milled. I went over it with a fine tooth comb before firing it.

Robbins290
February 15, 2012, 06:16 PM
Mine does not have he hole in the chamber. As i took it apart piece by piece to remove cosmoline that still seeps out from who knows where

bearfoot
February 15, 2012, 07:33 PM
Was this from when they had the sale for $200 back in October or something like that? If they do that again, I'll jump on that deal like a duck on a junebug. Unless it's an unshootable rifle, of course.

Robbins290
February 15, 2012, 09:20 PM
200 for a unissued yugu sks 59/66 a2. I couldnt pass it up. Mine had a brand new barrel. It shoots darn good at 200 yards. If that deal comes up again. Im going to jump on one and make it pink for the misses

If you enjoyed reading about "Sks from cabelas." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!