Kimber Solo

PDA

scaatylobo
February 15, 2012, 11:13 PM
Took it out to the range just a few hours ago and shot it with NON + P ammo.

Now its fun and accurate to shoot and I am gonna like it lots.

Gold Dot H.P. in 115 grain.

And Mag-Tech in 124 grainer and both were non + P's.

Accurate and easy on my old hands too.

Gun now has about 70 rounds through it with no bobble's at all.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber Solo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GunNut
February 16, 2012, 01:40 AM
Congrats, glad it's working out for you.

Would love to put some rounds through a Solo.:D

smalls
February 16, 2012, 01:45 AM
I hope they turned around the performance with this gun, because it looks like a very nice compact carry gun. But I'd be skeptical of it untill I hit about 500 trouble free rounds.

jim243
February 16, 2012, 01:55 AM
Congratulations, sounds like you got a very nice gun, I have one of their 1911's and love it. Do they have an extended mag so that the grip is a little longer??

Jim

scaatylobo
February 16, 2012, 08:32 AM
No grip extensions - so far.

And I own 2 full sized .45 Kimbers.

Many have told me that they are not happy with any of the K's as they had issue and did not get good service.

Until that happens,I like um.

Kimber CDP II and Super Carry Custom.

bikerdoc
February 16, 2012, 09:07 AM
Of the two I have seen at the LGS I work at P/T one had feed issues and the other guy just didnt like the feel of the recoil.

The feed issue gun I took out to range and it performed flawlessly.

The other one belonged to a rich gut with more money than brains.

I think they fill a niche in the CC world

kbbailey
February 16, 2012, 09:13 AM
I have been eyeing a new Colt Mustang Pocketlite at my LGS, but with a $799.99 price tag it is just too much for a .380.

If you don't mind saying.....how much for the kimber solo??

littlebluevette
February 16, 2012, 10:29 AM
"If you don't mind saying.....how much for the kimber solo?? "

List for the Solo is $747. The Solo CDP lists for $1,223. For the most part they are selling way above that on gunbroker.com.

scaatylobo
February 16, 2012, 02:58 PM
Local dealer had them backordered for a 'few' months.

I was happy to pay retail,as its a good deal cheaper than the Rorhbaugh I bought a year ago.

At present I have not done a gun to gun T&E of the 2.

But that will happen.

My only issue was trying to shoot + P GDHP's when I took it out first time = O U C H .After 18 rounds I was done.

NG VI
February 16, 2012, 04:04 PM
Yeah Speer loads the +P Gold Dots pretty warmly.

It's a great looking gun and it's good to hear from two people with hands-on experience that the examples you've seen are working well.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber Solo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!