FEG P9R-HP barrels and magazines

PDA

anloc67
February 16, 2012, 08:40 PM
Just bought an FEG P9R but it has Browning 12 rd mags. Do they even fit the FEG? I got the gun on Gunbroker and it hasn't arrived yet and the seller won't be avl for another week. Oh, are there any interchangable barrels out there for sale?

Thanks
anloc67

If you enjoyed reading about "FEG P9R-HP barrels and magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Woody Jones
February 17, 2012, 07:03 AM
The FEGs (at least the one I own) will accept any mags that will fit the Browning Hi Power. As far as barrels, that depends on which FEG Hi Power clone you get. It's hard to tell from the Model Number since FEG has changed them over the years. I had a FEG P9M that looked like a Hi-Power, accepted the same mags, but the internals (including the barrel) were different. I now have the FEG that is the "true Clone" of the BHP, but I'm still not sure about barrel interchangeability.

sarge83
February 17, 2012, 08:27 AM
I have the PJK-9HP version which appears to be a copy of the Browning. My wife carries it daily and loves it. The browning is a safe queen.

Husker_Fan
February 17, 2012, 08:42 AM
I have and often carry a Charles Daly HP. These are true FEG clones of the Browning. Look at pictures of Hi-powers, and you'll see a "footprint" of the frame cross-bolt above the trigger. If that is present on your FEG, it is a Hi-Power clone and parts will interchange. If it is not there, your gun has a Smith and Wesson operating system and parts other than magazines will not interchange.

See http://feghp.blogspot.com/2010/02/decoding-feg-hi-power.html for some great info on the FEG guns.

firesky101
February 17, 2012, 02:46 PM
I have a p9r it has 2 15 rounders, but the BHP mags I tried in it were no joy. I believe midway has or has had the correct mags in stock. The p9r internals were much closer to a S&W 59. I talked to a guy who said he could modify 59 mags to work, but he wanted $40 a piece for them.

anloc67
February 18, 2012, 08:58 AM
I thank those that responded with info on the question I ask about the Mags and Barrels for the FEG P9R-HP. Lots of knowledge out there and that is why I joined the site. Special thanks to Husker for the web site he added.

anloc67

If you enjoyed reading about "FEG P9R-HP barrels and magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!