Am I the only one?

PDA

gator1gear
February 17, 2012, 10:12 PM
First of all, let me say that I realize the advantages of single stack handguns, whether in 9mm or .40 S&W. I've even had a couple of 'em. What I would like to know, is if I'm one of the few people that prefer a little wider handgun? For me, they are easier to get a hand on, and easier to get out of the holster. I do have fairly big paws, so that may have something to do with it. Thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Am I the only one?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sigpro
February 17, 2012, 10:17 PM
Don't despair. You are not alone.

westtx28
February 17, 2012, 10:29 PM
I'm all other the place on this one. I'm sitting here fondling a Beretta 92FS and the wide grip feels very correct and natural. Just like a Browning HP. If I pick up a 1911 the narrow grip also feels natural for that gun. Go back to 380s and I like the wide grip again. Obviously JMB's grip widths for the 1911 and HP were dictated by round capacity requirements but somehow also inspired by God.

Dave1965
February 17, 2012, 10:46 PM
I like my Browning HP and my Beretta 84 and its sister Browning BDA. I don't like .45 in double stack. I prefer my kimbers, colts etc. However a Springfield xdm in .40 is not too bad.

Hondo 60
February 17, 2012, 10:49 PM
Just the opposite of gator1gear

I have short fingers & a dbl stack is too unwieldy for me.

Infact, I just today, put a deposit down on a compact Kel-tec PF-9.

gator1gear
February 17, 2012, 11:23 PM
Hondo, it's funny that you mention the PF9. I had one that brought to the realization that single stack handguns are not for me. GREAT gun but didn't suit me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Am I the only one?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!