Gunvault SpeedVault vs. FAS1--Bedside Safes?

PDA

Shmackey
February 18, 2012, 12:41 AM
Looking for a quick-access bedside safe for a 1911. Does not need to be fort Knox but does need to keep the kids out. These two are the ones I'm aware of. Is either one a clear winner? Are there others?

If you enjoyed reading about "Gunvault SpeedVault vs. FAS1--Bedside Safes?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FAS1
February 20, 2012, 10:23 AM
I don't think you will get much feedback at this time on the Speedvault since it was just introduced at the Shot Show and I doubt any have been sold yet. It does seem to be pretty typical of other Gunvault products if they have the features that you are looking for. Thanks for taking a good look at what mine offers and if you have any questions I would be glad to help.

a1abdj
February 20, 2012, 08:18 PM
If it means anything at all, I have 2 FAS safes that I use personally.

oldandslow
February 21, 2012, 08:22 AM
FAS and A1, 2/21/12

Thanks for the heads up on your product. I hadn't heard of the FAS safe before but it sure looks promising. And I have followed A1's safe advice for some time and find it unbiased and helpful so his endorsement means a great deal.

best wishes- oldandslow

opsman
February 22, 2012, 11:22 PM
I hope to purchase a fas1safe in the future, I like the idea behind it not only does it look good, I am impressed with the functionality of it. Going to be a while before I get it, just purchased my full sized one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gunvault SpeedVault vs. FAS1--Bedside Safes?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!