GSh-18 pistol

PDA

piranha45
February 18, 2012, 01:33 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GSh-18

I have never heard of this until tonight when I ran into some random youtube poster raving about it on a comment on some gun video.

I was quite amazed when a search for that gun yielded NO RESULTS on THR.

Surely someone has seen/heard something about this before? any ideas why its so obscure?

If you enjoyed reading about "GSh-18 pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
harmon rabb
February 18, 2012, 10:59 AM
probably because slick willy banned most russian imports, so we can never haz one of those guns here.

Giterboosted
February 18, 2012, 03:33 PM
With a bore axis that low as it appears in the pic, I bet that thing handles amazing

FIVETWOSEVEN
February 18, 2012, 04:16 PM
It would be cool to have but it's a little ugly for my tastes. I was in a Youtube comment war with some people who think this pistol is the best thing ever which got annoying.

Prince Yamato
February 18, 2012, 05:44 PM
I really wish we could import Russian handguns again...

kozak6
February 19, 2012, 01:30 AM
Right. Because of Clinton and his Voluntary Restraint Agreement with Russia, they can't export firearms to us except for ones that are on the OK List.

Stringfellow
February 19, 2012, 04:21 AM
For gosh sakes, give that tired argument a rest. The NRA is a trade group, and it is not in their member's financial interests for cheap Russian or Chinese weapons to be sold in the US. I.e., you don't hear the NRA complaining very loudly about us not being able to get weapons such as the GSh-18.

I for one, would love to get ahold of a Viking...

Mizar
February 19, 2012, 04:30 AM
Even if you can import it to the USA, you can't export it from Russia - it's banned from export being a military (service) firearm.

Boris

sigpro
February 19, 2012, 04:32 AM
Check this link.
http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg/rus/gsh-1-e.html

briansmithwins
February 19, 2012, 06:21 AM
Forget the pistol, I'll take a couple cases of that AP ammo.

BSW

If you enjoyed reading about "GSh-18 pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!