Magazine compatability

PDA

CYANIDEGENOCIDE
February 18, 2012, 01:18 PM
I just picked up my first beretta M9 I also purchased 5 mags to go with it. The magazines looked really familiar so I flipped through my box of spare mags. The Beretta 92 series magazines are identical to CZ-75 magazines. The difference is the location of the magazine catch. 10 minutes with a file and now I have a quality magazine that works in the CZ-75. I would not use this magazine in a Beretta that saw any sort of serious use because I added a magazine catch higher up the magazine body and there is potential for the magazine to lock into position well short of where it needs to be. Of course you could just hold down the mag release and seat it properly, but when you are in a gun fight is not the time for added steps. However there is no reason this cannot be used in CZ-75 that sees serious use. I found brand new Beretta Mags at the same gun show I bought the M9 for $10 ea so I don't feel bad sacraficing a few to the cause.

If you enjoyed reading about "Magazine compatability" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Magazine compatability" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!