Remington Spartan/Baikal 453 Semi-auto help needed.

PDA

Milkmaster
February 18, 2012, 08:23 PM
I took my newly acquired used Remington Spartan 453 semi-auto 12 ga to the trap field today to see how it shoots with some 1 1/8 loads. I had some trouble with the gas system. I closed the gas adjustment spring with the factory tool more than was recommended and was able to finally make the gun cycle. I returned home afterwards for disassembly, cleaning, and to look closer at the gas system. Based on what I am seeing in the owner's manual miniature diagram, I may be missing a piece which may be what the initial problem was earlier today. I also am questioning the direction of the beveled edge of the bottom ring on the receiver side of the adjustment spring. It doesn't seem right that the beveled edge has nothing but a raw unpoilished surface to mate against inside the barrel collar. Anyway, I am not satisfied until I can get a good picture of the correct assembly order.

The manual does not provide enough detail or breakdown on the exact order or pieces of the gas adjustment spring or other components. I am showing you what I have and in what order in the pictures below. It would sure be nice of one of you to look at yours and tell or show me what I am missing.

Any help is appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington Spartan/Baikal 453 Semi-auto help needed." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Remington Spartan/Baikal 453 Semi-auto help needed." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!