Any opinions on the Ruger SR40c?

PDA

roscoe
February 19, 2012, 12:50 AM
I have been looking for a versatile handgun appropriate for camping, CCW, hiking, and the bedside drawer. Although I usually take a 10mm or .357 to the woods, Doubletap has a pretty aggressive heavy hardcast .40 load that has me intrigued:
http://www.doubletapammo.com/php/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_26&products_id=210

My .357s and 1006 are pretty heavy to tote, and I have fallen out of love with my Glock 29, so I was thinking a compact and lightweight polymer .40 might be a good choice for tramping around where grizzleys are not a danger, and saw decent reviews of the Ruger SR40c. Does anyone have any experience with this pistol?

If you enjoyed reading about "Any opinions on the Ruger SR40c?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
acmax95
February 19, 2012, 01:07 AM
I haven't shot the 40 but my shootin buddy has the SR9c and it is great gun. It has a good trigger, it's accurate, and soft shooting. If I didn't have my Glock 23 an SR40c would be carry gun.

exavid
February 19, 2012, 02:11 AM
I really like my SR40c. I've fired a lot of ammo of different kinds through mine without a single malfunction. The gun is compact and light but handles the .40S&W rounds with aplomb. Very little snappy-ness and recoil. I carry mine with the flat magazine floorplate, I don't need the extension to control the pistol which makes it even easier to carry. I usually carry it in a Fobus HK1 paddle holster, though I have carried it in a coat pocket. The trigger is quite good, sights are good three dot with adjustable elevation on the rear site, windage is drift adjustable. Overall it's a great compact .40.

M2 Carbine
February 19, 2012, 11:11 AM
I haven't shot the 40 but I like my 9mm SR9C I bought a second one.:)

Spdracr39
February 19, 2012, 11:42 AM
Just bought a SR9c because of all the great reviews. I am looking forward to getting to shoot it. It feels like a great gun very compfortable to hold and just small enough to conceal easily with the 10 round mag. I wish it came with two 10 rounds because the 17 round makes it too big to hide. I am ready to start carrying it once I test it for reliability.

TarDevil
February 19, 2012, 12:25 PM
Another SR9c owner here. Fantastic gun.

SecAmend75
February 19, 2012, 03:03 PM
I agree with the majority here. I love my SR9c. Feels great when concealed and handles very smoothly. I like the gun so much I just got a SR9 for home.

Ledgehammer
February 19, 2012, 05:29 PM
I shot my buddy's sr40c and fell in love with it. Very accurate and very light recoil. It's a great gun.

wristtwister
February 20, 2012, 12:42 AM
I've got every SR series gun Ruger makes, and the SR40C is a good one. Just like my SR9, the compact is accurate and gets the job done.

WT

If you enjoyed reading about "Any opinions on the Ruger SR40c?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!