fractured stock

PDA

lifebythehorns
February 19, 2012, 01:49 AM
Well I took my newly refinished husky nitro (50's era) 30-06 to the range today to sight in for the first time in 8 years. everything was going fine till round 11 when I noticed a few cracks at the top of the stock right behind the action:banghead::( any suggestions? this is an heirloom and a beauty and I dont wanna replace the stock since that is half the nastalgia factor for me, its custom engraved by my grandfather:(

If you enjoyed reading about "fractured stock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
M-Cameron
February 19, 2012, 05:35 AM
most cracks can usually be fixed pretty easily.....

sometimes its little more than some wood glue and a clamp.....or it may require drilling a cross hole and fitting a bras pin......but unless you shattered the thing, theres a good chance its repairable..

if you post pictures of the crack, we will be better able to help you out.

Dr. Sandman
February 19, 2012, 08:21 AM
Ask a qualified professional gunsmith that does restoration before you try anything yourself, especially if you care about the stock.

303tom
February 19, 2012, 08:33 AM
I think I would talk to the candyman about this, PM him at GunnyUSMC.

roadchoad
February 19, 2012, 08:42 AM
Gunny, to the THR courtesy phone please. Guy does wonders with stocks.

If you enjoyed reading about "fractured stock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!