Early Win 52 replacement stock

PDA

ford8nr
February 19, 2012, 06:11 PM
I've been looking for a replacement stock for a Winchester 52 pre-A. The only commercial stock I could find was for a 'B' model and was the original 'old design'. Then I noticed my CZ452 Varmint inletting was VERY close. I ordered a ROSS Varmint Thumbhole for a CZ452 and would guess it was a 75% fit. After 5 or 6 hours of chisel and dremel work I now have a modern ergonomicly correct stock. This is the first stock I ever inletted and found it very easy to complete. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Early Win 52 replacement stock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
February 19, 2012, 06:31 PM
Nice job!!

Any need to glass bed it or anything?

rc

ford8nr
February 19, 2012, 11:03 PM
Because the pre-A's used only the screw in front of the magazine and have no recoil lug on the action I bedded fron the magazine to about an inch up the barrel. To alleviate some pressure on the action screw I put a small rubber pressure pad under the front of the barrel. We'll see how she shoots Thursday night.

ford8nr
February 23, 2012, 04:04 PM
Got to the range this morning for a quick range test before league tonight. First shot high - me - next 4 low but one hole. Gun is sighted in for 50' indoor league, test was at 25yds, iron sights. BTW - this early 52 does have the "crack of death" on the safety flange. I found a tool and die shop near by that will micro weld or plasma weld it for me for less than $50. Doesn't really seem to be affecting accuracy.

If you enjoyed reading about "Early Win 52 replacement stock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!