A. G. Russel Sting.

PDA

Owen Sparks
February 20, 2012, 12:42 PM
I have an original made in the 1980's. It is getting too valuable to use.
Does anyone have the new licensed version made by Columbia River Knives?

Is it of good quality also?

If you enjoyed reading about "A. G. Russel Sting." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
steveno
February 20, 2012, 12:47 PM
I haven't seen a sting but I feel that Columbia River makes pretty good knives at a pretty good price.

Stacer
February 20, 2012, 01:07 PM
I have one, and it seems like a nice blade. I can't carry it because of legalities, but would if I was able.

451 Detonics
February 20, 2012, 04:33 PM
I gifted my original to my brother years ago...I knew it would sit in his safe whereas I would want to carry it. I replaced it with a folding version which I really like...

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z271/reloader1959/folders/agrspear1.jpg

I have handled the new CRKT version and they seem to be well made and as they are not really a daily user but more of an emergency knife the steel (440 C) should do a good job. If you choose the cheaper version without the wood scales I think you get a better steel (1050 carbon) but you also invite rust.

glistam
February 20, 2012, 06:43 PM
I got one of the newer ones about 5 years ago or so from REI. Seems like a nice blade, all one piece construction. Just haven't had much occasion to use a dagger though, so it's in my collection case.

hso
February 20, 2012, 10:55 PM
Yes

Owen Sparks
February 20, 2012, 11:34 PM
I just looked and A G Russell now sells the CRKT version. These can be had for a very reasonable price of $39.00 if you shop around. Anyone interested in a dagger or boot knife should look into these. The sheath has also been improved since the 1980's.

alaskanativeson
February 21, 2012, 01:01 AM
I have one, and it seems like a nice blade. I can't carry it because of legalities, but would if I was able.
I feel bad for you. If you feel your knife needs to get more experience, I can assure you, it's legal to carry where I live. Send it to me and I'll be glad to carry it for you. ;-)

If you enjoyed reading about "A. G. Russel Sting." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!