Painting Your Polymer Frame?

PDA

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
February 20, 2012, 10:41 PM
Has anybody tried painting their polymer framed pistol? I recent picked up a Gen 4 Glock 22 at one hell of a steal and was wondering whether or not anybody had tried painting their polymer frames.

I like the pistol, and I don't mind the black, but something is telling me that it would look pretty neat painted OD Green or what-have-you. I would have taken one that was already colored if I could, but didn't have any opportunity to do so, being that I was barely able to afford this pistol after paying off fines.

Any thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Painting Your Polymer Frame?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
David S
February 20, 2012, 10:53 PM
Ben at Boresight Solutions Cerakoted mine

its held up great

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shagbd/LighteningStrikeTrigger.jpg

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
February 20, 2012, 10:57 PM
That looks sweet!

Is Cerakote a kind of paint, then?

eddielewis
February 21, 2012, 02:55 PM
My brother painted the frame of his Glock 17 with regular krylon paint and clearcoat. It has held up fine so far.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
February 21, 2012, 08:22 PM
Might have to try this. Does anyone know of a way to remove paint without damaging the polymer?

dcarch
February 22, 2012, 11:24 AM
Not to seem like a smart-Alec, but why would you want to do that?

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
February 22, 2012, 11:31 AM
Just a consideration. I'm on the fence with it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Painting Your Polymer Frame?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!