S&W M&P 9mm sight upgrade?

PDA

jwgml
February 21, 2012, 07:24 AM
I love my S&W M&P 9mm and have put thousands of rounds through it. It is incredibly durable and malfunctions are almost non-existent. That being said, the front sight gets really dirty and loses the paint. My eyes are getting old and need a little help. What would you recommend for a sight upgrade and why? Thank you.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W M&P 9mm sight upgrade?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hangingrock
February 21, 2012, 07:46 AM
A Novak front night-sight and a 10-8 U-notch plain rear sight is the combination sight set that I replaced the OEM sights with on an M&P9. Why because the sight picture was better in varying environmental conditions.

9mmepiphany
February 21, 2012, 11:08 PM
I can highly recommend the 10-8 sight set with the brass bead front blade. It is as visible as the Novak night sight, while being less expensive. The fiber optic 10-8 front blade is highly visible, but not as rugged...depends what you are going to use your pistol for

plateshooter
February 22, 2012, 01:49 PM
I use the XS big dot sights on my M&P9c. I used them in a couple of gun fighting classes that I took. Getting older is really hard on the eyes and the big dot really works well for me.

saenzrich
February 22, 2012, 05:35 PM
Mine wears a HD Trijicon orange front sight and a 10-8 u-notch rear sight...I see it every time...I feel it's a good fit.

jon_in_wv
February 22, 2012, 08:16 PM
I've tried the 10-8s, Warrens, XS, and none of them were that great in my opinion. My personal preference is the Ameriglo Operator sights with the subdued yellow rear and bright outlined green front. I then paint the front sight red for daylight visibility. Ameriglo makes sights now that have a bright orange out line that looks good too. My second choice would be the new HD sights from Trijicon. I haven't tried them but the look like a winner.

Sox
February 22, 2012, 08:20 PM
Hands down either the Trijicon HD sights, and for about 1/2 the price you can get virtually the same thing from Ameriglo. These are brighter than fiberoptics in daylight and light up at night. A wonderful sight, just can't say enough good about them!

RH45
February 22, 2012, 09:37 PM
A couple of friends put TFOs on their M&Ps.

I haven't decided if I NEED to have a set yet.

MJD
February 22, 2012, 10:23 PM
I have a M&P 9 with regular sights and a M&P 45 with Trijicon night sights. Though I don't mind the 9mm's regular sights, the night sights on the 45 are very easy to pick up. I'd recommend you take a look at them.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W M&P 9mm sight upgrade?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!