armscor

PDA

snakeman
February 21, 2012, 05:26 PM
What do y'all think about the new armscor 22 tcm. I will go ahead and say that to me it's cool.

If you enjoyed reading about "armscor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bigfatdave
February 21, 2012, 05:58 PM
looks spiffy, but I don't want to get into the situation FN5.7 or .32NAA/.25NAA owners are stuck in with limited manufacturers and inflated ammo prices for specialty stuff.

if it catches on, I'll likely pick one up ... or if I was really into reloading (I don't have the time, inclination, or room currently)

snakeman
February 21, 2012, 06:39 PM
It comes with a 9mm barrel too.

bigfatdave
February 21, 2012, 06:51 PM
yes, I know

which is an improvement over the FN or NAA route where you're entirely locked into an oddball cartridge
But as I have very little desire for a 9x19 1911 at this point, I'll wait for the .22tcm to catch on or for a compact size version of the 9x19 / .22tcm combo to be offered

What barrel length is .22tcm optimized for, anyway? Would it run in a 3.5" or 4" barrel? Would a matched carbine be beneficial?

snakeman
February 21, 2012, 07:17 PM
Those are excellent questions. I was wondering these myself. Like a high point with a barrel sleeve put in place or a 9mm ar barrel swap?

bigfatdave
February 21, 2012, 09:18 PM
well, so long as I'm dreaming, it should share magazines with the pistol

More like a mech-tech upper (http://www.mechtechsys.com/), I guess.

Not to knock the Hi-Point carbines, they're just so comfortable to shoot that I can forgive their aesthetic disability.

snakeman
February 21, 2012, 09:38 PM
It does make more sense for the two to share mags though.

If you enjoyed reading about "armscor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!