another 10mm question?

PDA

hogrdr
February 23, 2012, 07:02 PM
my eclipse looks like it should hold 9 in the mag, but it will only hold eight. it has a rounded follower, is that stock and is that the problem? also the cbob 10 i just bought will hold 9 in one mag but it won't compress enough more to seat with the slide down, and the other will only hold 8 no matter how hard you try. they are both dan mags with flat followers.

If you enjoyed reading about "another 10mm question?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Casefull
February 24, 2012, 12:55 AM
I have the same pistol. Many of the feed problems people have with auto pistols come from jamming the mags to full capacity. I always carry one less than max in all my auto pistols regardless of make. The springs will last longer also. Great gun.

hogrdr
February 24, 2012, 12:09 PM
do yours hold 8 or 9? is your barrel ramped?

Casefull
February 26, 2012, 03:42 PM
I only put 8 in mine. All barrels are ramped or do you mean has it been custom ramped beyond the factory ramp?

hogrdr
February 26, 2012, 03:54 PM
cbob's weren't ramped before 08, mines not. same set up as a colt 1911 .45. i've yet to find anyone that can tell my why beyond, well its just stronger.

If you enjoyed reading about "another 10mm question?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!