Colt Gold Cup .22 1911 ?

PDA

Jim NE
February 23, 2012, 09:12 PM
I looked through the threads to see if I could find any posts on this gun, but didn't see anything.

Cabelas sent me a flyer today saying they'd be having them on sale soon for $449. I'm thinking "Wow, a Colt 1911 I could actually AFFORD!" Apparently they're new. Has anyone shot one yet? Reviews? And would that be a good price?

The old late night TV cliche "act now supplies are limited" is what Cabela's is saying. I don't believe they go on sale till March 3rd, though. Thanks - JIm

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Gold Cup .22 1911 ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dfariswheel
February 23, 2012, 09:56 PM
At that price it's not going to be a real Gold Cup, it's going to be the Walther/Umarex alloy frame and slide .22 that Colt's selling.

Jim NE
February 24, 2012, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the heads up. A google search uncovered the phrase "licensed reproduction." Don't know if that's accurate or not, but brand identity of products is becoming more and more confused.

I actually think I'll pass on this gun.

1KPerDay
February 24, 2012, 01:16 PM
Probably a good call IMO.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Gold Cup .22 1911 ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!