Interesting Hi-Point Article

PDA

PT92
February 24, 2012, 12:43 PM
I found this article to be both interesting and in my experience, true:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/hi-point-c9-9mm-a-good-cheap-gun/

-Cheers

If you enjoyed reading about "Interesting Hi-Point Article" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mooseman
February 24, 2012, 01:26 PM
I have the Hi-Point 45 and I've found it to be reliable, easy to shoot and decently accurate. That said, I can buy other guns for not much more money that are a lot more refined. My local range sells 45 practice ammo for $26 a box so for 4 boxes of ammo I'm in the range of a new Sigma, maybe a used Ruger or a lot of other stuff. I still have no interest in selling mine and I just might pick up the 9 if I see a good deal on one.

PT92
February 24, 2012, 01:33 PM
I have the Hi-Point 45 and I've found it to be reliable, easy to shoot and decently accurate. That said, I can buy other guns for not much more money that are a lot more refined. My local range sells 45 practice ammo for $26 a box so for 4 boxes of ammo I'm in the range of a new Sigma, maybe a used Ruger or a lot of other stuff. I still have no interest in selling mine and I just might pick up the 9 if I see a good deal on one.
I hear that--I have been shooting my GSG 1911 (.22lr) much more of late and putting the savings (unfortunately) in my gas tank.

-Cheers

Wanderling
February 24, 2012, 01:59 PM
I agree, I don't get the cost angle of getting Hi Point, when you compare it to the price of ammo, or reliable higher-end used guns. Getting it for fun is different, but if money is an issue, there are still better alternatives.

jrdolall
February 25, 2012, 08:48 AM
I bought a used Hi Point c9 for under $100 and use it as a truck gun. I have fired several hundred rounds of FMJ through the gun and one box (25) of JHP and I have not had a FTF of any kind. Decent trigger and as accurate as more expensive guns. VERY big and heavy for a gun with 8 in the mag. Is it pretty? Is it a good CCW? Do I pull it out and show everyone what I have? No to all the above. Is it functional, reliable and relatively accurate? Absolutely! Do I plan to get rid of my other pistols and buy all new Hi Points? I don't think so. I think of Hi Point pistols as a user friendly low maintenence tool. If I need two pistols and have limited resources then Hi Point would fit the bill.

Wanderling
February 25, 2012, 11:26 AM
Other than using 9mm Para vs 9x18, what makes it a better choice than a similarly priced P64
? I'd take a military grade pistol over this any time. I am not criticising anyone's choice, merely stating that I don't see it as anything but a curiosity.

Jim NE
February 25, 2012, 12:57 PM
Boy, contrast the forum discussions of Hi-Point now with the ones that took place a year or two ago. Quite different perspectives, to say the least. I've gotta hand it to Hi-Point, they seem to be turning the public perception of their guns around in a positive way. And more quickly than any other company I can recall.

Yes, I know - many people, maybe even a majority, still dislike them on principle. Cheap guns will ALWAYS be Saturday Night Specials. But I don't see that many people complaining about their actual performance. No more than any other pistol that's two or three times the price.

I still don't own one, but I've thought about it now and then. Probably won't, though. I'm maxed out on the guns.

Fremmer
February 25, 2012, 04:21 PM
Saturday night specials include any gun stolen and used by a criminal, including very expensive guns.

The price helps provide the chance to a guy with less cash to buy a new gun to protect himself and his family.

GLOOB
February 25, 2012, 06:08 PM
Other than using 9mm Para vs 9x18, what makes it a better choice than a similarly priced P64
? I'd take a military grade pistol over this any time. I am not criticising anyone's choice, merely stating that I don't see it as anything but a curiosity.
There are several good answers to this.
1. Even stated in your question. 9x19 > 9x18
2. Can buy ammo at any Walmart
3. Lifetime warranty. Some P64 spare parts are nonexistent. Others will be scarce, soon. And you'll have to fix it yourself or pay someone else, even if you can get the parts.
4. Military grade pistols have been around since guns were invented. A cap and ball muzzle loading revolver is a military grade pistol. The broom handle Mauser is a military grade pistol.
5. P64 isn't a very safe design. Don't carry it with the safety off, even if the hammer is down!
6. Manufacturer support. If your P64 malfunctions due to manufacturer defect and someone gets hurt, you can go suck eggs. This is one reason I have considered whether I should stop letting other people shoot my MSAR, anymore. Of course, I won't. But the thought did cross my mind.

marine 97-03
February 25, 2012, 07:34 PM
How good are there carbines?

fallout mike
February 25, 2012, 10:15 PM
Marine, I have their carbine in .45acp. I love it. No problems ever. Accurate and very fun to shoot.

marine 97-03
February 26, 2012, 06:18 AM
They've gotn hard to find around here...if u come across one in .40 over there hollar at me

The Lone Haranguer
February 26, 2012, 08:42 AM
...but if money is an issue, there are still better alternatives.
No one questions that. But only for more money. Not everyone has it. And I once had a nearly $1000 handgun that might have made a good bookend, except that it kept falling over.

bikerdoc
February 26, 2012, 09:09 AM
They are good, inexpensive guns, plain and simple. Ugly and a bit heavy, for my taste but they work.

I got a C9 and a 9mm carbine for noobs to use after they learn the basics on a 22, and before they go to 357 and 45.

Nothing fancy, just a reliable, reasonably accurate shooters.

Tim37
February 26, 2012, 11:25 AM
i never owned one but i have shot a .45 and while it did what they said it would do i found it very awkward and top heavy. but it did shoot was reasonably acurate it did what my buddy that owned it wanted it to do. i dont think i will ever own one unless i get it dirt cheap but if your on a serious budget it will get the job done.

USAF_Vet
February 26, 2012, 02:05 PM
I've owned the 9mm carbine and the .45 pistol. I ended up selling them both. Not because they were bad, they were both quite reliable, but to fund other guns that were higher quality and would last longer. For the uninitiated they are great guns. For those on a budget, same thing applies. Will I own another? I'm not going to discount the idea, but it wouldn't be high on my list.

PT92
February 26, 2012, 03:32 PM
I've owned the 9mm carbine and the .45 pistol. I ended up selling them both. Not because they were bad, they were both quite reliable, but to fund other guns that were higher quality and would last longer. For the uninitiated they are great guns. For those on a budget, same thing applies. Will I own another? I'm not going to discount the idea, but it wouldn't be high on my list.
I own the .45 carbine as well as the C9. The carbine seems to be at least on par with my Kel-Tec Sub2000 in terms of quality.

-Cheers

Panzercat
February 26, 2012, 04:49 PM
Article is pretty much spot on based on the HP I owned. The two biggest criticisms I can bring against it is the durability of the polymer matched against the heavy slide and the simplistic and easily bent safety lever. But then again, you don't punt your other firearms to be broken either so its a moot point. A lesser annoyance is the trigger, which is less than inspiring plastic as well. It's muddy and not exactly crisp, but does its job in the end.

It's a bottom of the barrel defensive piece that you can afford to lose. It goes bang and easily do minute of torso at household distances. As long as you don't expect anything more than that, it's a very serviceable fire arm. That doesn't mean I'd trade my newly acquired 1911 for it, however.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii110/ozzallos/IRL%20Pics/hp1-1.jpg

Jim K
February 26, 2012, 05:57 PM
I have always been amused and puzzled by the circular argument used by the anti-Hi Point folks:

"I don't own a Hi Point because they are worthless junk which is proven by the fact that I don't own a Hi Point because if I did it wouldn't be junk but it is junk because I don't own a Hi Point...", and around and around.

Especially amusing was the comment by one poster that "They are junk, total junk. I have never seen one, but everyone on the xxx site says they are no good."

I did note the comment by the man who claims to be an instructor and sees repeated problems with Hi Points. My feeling is that the problems are due to limp wristing and the solution lies not with Hi Point, but with a more competent instructor.

Jim

harmon rabb
February 26, 2012, 07:42 PM
My thoughts on hi-points are WHY when you can buy soviet surplus. You can buy a P-64, cz-82, or PA-63 for about the same as a hi-point these days, and those are actual proven military firearms, made from materials that a hi-point can only dream about. And a cz-82 has a trigger on par with a high end sig or h&k.

I guess warranty is a pro for the hi-point, but that's about it. Cartridge choice, meh. I'll take a cz-82 in 9x18 over a hi-point in 45acp any day of the week, without hesitation.

PT92
February 26, 2012, 08:09 PM
My thoughts on hi-points are WHY when you can buy soviet surplus. You can buy a P-64, cz-82, or PA-63 for about the same as a hi-point these days, and those are actual proven military firearms, made from materials that a hi-point can only dream about. And a cz-82 has a trigger on par with a high end sig or h&k.

I guess warranty is a pro for the hi-point, but that's about it. Cartridge choice, meh. I'll take a cz-82 in 9x18 over a hi-point in 45acp any day of the week, without hesitation.
I can definitely see your point as valid but for me it comes down to surplus ammo on hand. The way the economy has hit the dumper of late, I have been much more particular about any new gun purchases in that they must be made only if I have plenty of said ammo on hand prior to (.45ACP & .9mm pistol ammo are both bountiful in my environment--come to think of it, I also have a few pistol carbines of same flavor as well). I would have to start a whole new endeavor for Eastern European hardware of which I hope to do some day perhaps when gas gets back below $4:cuss:. OT real quick, I read today that we could easilsy become the world's largest oil producer in under fifteen years (while simultaneously pursuing viable alternative fuel-tech) if we just began to drill but I digress...

-Cheers

Honest John
February 26, 2012, 10:24 PM
Are my eyes deceiving me or did you have some custom engraving done on your Hi-Point, Panzercat?

Panzercat
February 26, 2012, 11:27 PM

Maybe you could make that case for the 9mm, but nobody ever mentions the fact you can get +p capable .45acp for less in the same breath as this statement, however.

@ Honest John
Yes. Don't tell anybody tho :D

Inebriated
February 27, 2012, 02:07 AM
How good are there carbines?

Excellent. Printed some tight groups today with the 9mm and irons that I could barely see through (fogged eye pro). Decent trigger, weight gives the feel of shooting a .22, and it feels solid in the hand. Bulky, but solid. And for $260, it's hard to beat as far as pistol caliber carbines.

harvester
February 27, 2012, 08:33 AM
So far my 4595 carbine (45acp) has been 100% reliable for 200 rounds, the first 200. It is surprisingly accurate off a rest, 2 inches at 50 yds with open sights. I have not shot it at longer distance. Almost no recoil. comments at range include " is that a 22" due to quiet report. It will shoot better when I get used to it, I know this because my son nearly shoots one hole with it. Heavy a little but a good heft for a carbine. I have a Colt AR in 9mm which shoots no better.

PT92
February 27, 2012, 08:45 AM
Excellent. Printed some tight groups today with the 9mm and irons that I could barely see through (fogged eye pro). Decent trigger, weight gives the feel of shooting a .22, and it feels solid in the hand. Bulky, but solid. And for $260, it's hard to beat as far as pistol caliber carbines.
I couldn't have said it better. I am now shooting my HiPoint carbine more than my Sub2K (as you mention, the slightly greater weight of the HiPoint carbine in .45ACP results in recoil similar to my Kel-Tec's Sub2K in 9mm). Some people say they're fugly. Quite the contrary, I think she's pretty:):

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/markewall/IMAG0194.jpg
-Cheers

ares338
February 27, 2012, 09:25 AM
I just picked up a Hi Point .40 just to see what all the hoopla was. The first thing I noticed was the price seems to be steadily rising on them as I paid about $15.00 more than I would have a month ago. I took it out of the box, read the instructions and ignored the addendum about the clip, bought cheap Wolf brand 180 fmj and took it out and shot it. Admittedly I only ran 50 rounds through it, but it performed flawlessly except for a dud bullet that wasn't the pistols fault. The recoil is very manageable and even my wife handled it with ease. It's as accurate as I am and goes bang when I want it to. I like and I'm glad I bought it and if I needed another pistol, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. :neener:

jrdolall
February 27, 2012, 11:55 AM
My Hi Point 9 mm shoots +p with no problem. Since I bought it used for under $100 and I see them new at guns shows for $139 I am having a hard time finding CZ even close to that price. I know the CZ82 is a fine weapon made of fine components but aren't they about 40 years old now? I have several milsurp rifles and enjoy them but I dont see the Cz82 matching up with a Hi Point for use as a truck gun or bedside gun. The best price I can find for a CZ82 is about $200 with one mag and extra mags are $25. For carry, yes just about anything is better than my HPoint. I am looking for a 45 that holds 17 rounds, weighs 14 oz loaded, and fits in my jeans pocket. I will trade you some oceanfront property in Kansas if anyone has one.

harmon rabb
February 27, 2012, 10:00 PM
My Hi Point 9 mm shoots +p with no problem. Since I bought it used for under $100 and I see them new at guns shows for $139 I am having a hard time finding CZ even close to that price. I know the CZ82 is a fine weapon made of fine components but aren't they about 40 years old now? I have several milsurp rifles and enjoy them but I dont see the Cz82 matching up with a Hi Point for use as a truck gun or bedside gun. The best price I can find for a CZ82 is about $200 with one mag and extra mags are $25. For carry, yes just about anything is better than my HPoint. I am looking for a 45 that holds 17 rounds, weighs 14 oz loaded, and fits in my jeans pocket. I will trade you some oceanfront property in Kansas if anyone has one.

Uh, have you shot a cz-82? Even assuming that a given hi-point and a given cz-82 are both 100% reliable... have you shot a cz-82? ;)

The cz-82 is very ergonomic. It has a shockingly good trigger for a milsurp gun. And when I say shockingly good, I mean make you look at your $1200 Sig or H&K and wonder why its trigger isn't like that good.

Next to a medium end 1911 (i.e. trigger job, generally $1000+ base price), there is nothing I shoot better than a cz-82. And nothing I'd rather have if the SHTF.

Inebriated
February 27, 2012, 10:14 PM
Next to a medium end 1911 (i.e. trigger job, generally $1000+ base price), there is nothing I shoot better than a cz-82. And nothing I'd rather have if the SHTF.

Congratulations! You have preferences that differ from his! What a day this is!

jrdolall
February 27, 2012, 10:25 PM
I think I mentioned that the CZ82 is a fine gun made from quality components. I also said that i see no advantage to a CZ over a Hi Point for a truck gun. My definition of truck gun is one that will go bang every time, shoots anything you put in it, doesn't make me cringe if it gets scratched, and would not cause me to have a seizure if it got lost. I have shot several CZs and Makarovs as well. The CZ is a fine gun, better than the Makarov IMHO but I don't see ANY advantage of owning a gun that costs more and is less powerful for this purpose. For the range the CZ wins hands down. For bragging rights, CZ. For the glove box in the Bronco, Hi Point. CZ is not my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5the choice for SHTF.

OurSafeHome.net
March 21, 2012, 10:21 PM
HiPoints are good, cheap guns.

Viper
March 21, 2012, 11:57 PM
For quite a few years, I've carried a C9 locked in my glove compartment. I would never do that with one of my SIG's, HK's, Kimbers, or Kahrs. The gun has been 100%, is fairly accurate, is almost indestructible, and was cheap. I pull it out every two or three months to clean and reload it, but that all.

BTW, I also bought a 45 carbine to replace a stolen 9mm and it has the same attributes, plus it's fun to shoot. Neither will ever replace my collection of high end carry and range guns, but they do work.

Swing
March 22, 2012, 12:03 AM
You couldn't pay me to own one, but if it floats your boat, rock on. Most of my friends who have one are happy campers. Just nothing I'm interested in. :)

tryshoot
March 22, 2012, 06:27 AM
Local gun shop has carried them for 10? yrs. Said never had one come back. Said they are very good. Never owned one, but shot 9mm carbine with laser. Never jammed, shot well. Would own one in a minute. Must be great deal.

Pietro Beretta
March 22, 2012, 04:51 PM
I must have an old high point, my firing pin only has a single spring, and a plastic sleeve that looks like it broke in half; or it could have been two sleeves just badly cut.

PT92
March 22, 2012, 06:22 PM
One thing I have noticed since the very positive youtube vids as well as flattering articles concerning Hi-Point is that the so called 'gun-snobbing' has tailed off significantly. I think that both the favorable press and consumer reviews have proven (in many respects) to be irrefutable. Don't get me wrong, you don't have to like them or even advocate that someone purchase them, but one now would seemingly have to concede that they warrant a niche portion of the firearms market. Contrast this with the vociferous criticism of just a year or so back and it really is interesting how markedly its reputation has changed (perhaps a downward spiraling economy plays a role as well). While I am at it, I really think their carbines are absolutely overlooked. I have about 1k of .45 acp downrange from mine and it has been reliable which is precisely what I expected both from firing a buddy's as well as doing my own research. The one aspect that does surprise me, however, is that it feels like a tank--nothing cheap to its makeup whatsoever and in many respects reminds me of the Kel-Tec Sub2K in that it's a great little carbine for the money (can't decide which carbine I like better but for me the Sub's folding capability give it the edge).

-Cheers

meanmrmustard
March 22, 2012, 07:15 PM
I effing LOVE the Hi Point carbine. I got it over the Sub2k souly based on weight. Why a heavier rifle? Because it stays on target that much better. I've shot them both. I've seen the keltec fail, but not the hi point. It is a tank, and trustworthy to boot.

raubvogel
March 23, 2012, 12:08 AM
Here is my opinion about the Hi Point vs P64 and/or CZ82. I have the Hi Point C9. And a P64. And a Makarov. So now all I need is the CZ82. Why decide when I can treat them as Pokemons?

makarovnik
March 23, 2012, 05:50 AM
I had a PA-63. Looked nice but ran like crap and kicked like a mule. Traded it for a Hi-Point and have been happy ever since.

David E
March 23, 2012, 10:02 AM
I effing LOVE the Hi Point carbine. I got it over the Sub2k souly based on weight. Why a heavier rifle? Because it stays on target that much better. I've shot them both. I've seen the keltec fail, but not the hi point. It is a tank, and trustworthy to boot.

Proper technique controls the "kick" of a 9mm/.40 pistol caliber carbine quite effectively, even a light carbine.

My KT-2000 takes Glock mags holding up to 33 rds. It folds in 1/2, fitting neatly in a briefcase, ready to travel inconspicuously anywhere. The Hi-Point carbine can do none of this.

meanmrmustard
March 23, 2012, 10:08 PM
It also doesn't jam. The Sub2k does this much. The Hi point accepts optics, as it does not fold. Fold a Subby with an optic? No.
Accuracy, up to the shooter, but I find the HP more so.
I do not carry my weapons in briefcases, as I am not Jason Bourne. But, with an OAL around 36 inches, the HP is already quite compact.
Technique? Put it tight in the shoulder and squeeze! Doesn't mean a .375 will kick like a 22.
Plus...it's cheaper to boot. I find the HP carbine superior. Not pistol, mind you, the carbine.

PT92
March 23, 2012, 10:15 PM
It also doesn't jam. The Sub2k does this much. The Hi point accepts optics, as it does not fold. Fold a Subby with an optic? No.
Accuracy, up to the shooter, but I find the HP more so.
I do not carry my weapons in briefcases, as I am not Jason Bourne. But, with an OAL around 36 inches, the HP is already quite compact.
Technique? Put it tight in the shoulder and squeeze! Doesn't mean a .375 will kick like a 22.
Plus...it's cheaper to boot. I find the HP carbine superior. Not pistol, mind you, the carbine.
I have them both and neither have ever failed to fire or even jam using either cheap bulk (primarily) and some HP's I tested if I decide to use for HD. What was the ammo and the problem with the Sub you were shooting?

-Cheers

meanmrmustard
March 23, 2012, 10:21 PM
You know, it did not work well with, rem umc, fed. Champion, OR wwb. The only three I tried before it went down the road, over a year ago. I do not miss it, but I'm happy with the HP. No jams ever, and a bit more accurate.

I am, however, happy to hear of your luck.

I've owned HP pistols. Junk.
Never owned a Keltec pistol, but I do own a su16a. Fun.

Not all KTs are junk. The Subby, IMO, is not among those.

PT92
March 23, 2012, 10:29 PM
You know, it did not work well with, rem umc, fed. Champion, OR wwb. The only three I tried before it went down the road, over a year ago. I do not miss it, but I'm happy with the HP. No jams ever, and a bit more accurate.

I am, however, happy to hear of your luck.

I've owned HP pistols. Junk.
Never owned a Keltec pistol, but I do own a su16a. Fun.

Not all KTs are junk. The Subby, IMO, is not among those.
I always like to hear objective and even in some cases subjective feedback/criticism. I will say this about the Kel-Tec's (last comment as I don't want to veer too much off of OP) in that they (at times) can require a 'fluff-n-buff' if you will to properly cycle all types of ammo (FMJ should, however, just run all day long out-of-the-box).

Back to the Hi-Point's, I have a C9 and a .45 acp carbine and they have both been 100% out-of-the-box absent any polishing of the chambers etc. Nice to see that America still has a company or two marketing guns for the so called 'masses.' Nothing against my Rugers, Smith's, Remington's etc. I'm just saying...;)

-Cheers

meanmrmustard
March 23, 2012, 10:36 PM
Lucky...:)

V1ROT8
March 24, 2012, 10:00 AM
I have been pleased with my Hi Point products.

meanmrmustard
March 26, 2012, 07:52 PM
As you should be.

marine 97-03
March 27, 2012, 05:11 AM
I had a hi point it was a fine weapon....I sold it got a sub2k...its a better weapon imho... if it has an optic and can't fold si what the hi point can't fold with or with out one...and mine just loves WWB ...with it taking glock mags it wins hands down.....hi points are fine..but I put the sub2k more in line with a just right carbine or a cx4 strom..than a hi point

meanmrmustard
March 27, 2012, 06:55 AM
I had a hi point it was a fine weapon....I sold it got a sub2k...its a better weapon imho... if it has an optic and can't fold si what the hi point can't fold with or with out one...and mine just loves WWB ...with it taking glock mags it wins hands down.....hi points are fine..but I put the sub2k more in line with a just right carbine or a cx4 strom..than a hi point
Exactly my point. If it is a foldable weapon, and you place an optic on it, you've just ruined 50% of it's appeal, the other half being that it takes Glock mags. Other than that, what is the point in a folding carbine? I got mine souly based on it's weight, not it's compact nature. "it will go anywhere!". Um, so will the hi point, and as I said before I find it ludicrous for some to state how excited they are that it fits in a suitcase. Who carries a carbine in a suitcase?!?! That's just plain scary.

They both have good selling points. Neither is in league of the JR or CX4. The JR is a heavier weapon with capabilities for ornamentation similar to that of an AR 15, with it's adjustable stock and what not. As for the CX4...expensive as well, but does nothing the hi point can't and for hundreds less. Of the four, the JR would be the one I'd want. The hi point not far behind, and I might as well stop listing the other two.

Point is, I'm one of those cats that if I have a gun that refuses to cooperate, I don't baby it, or pick and choose ammo, or even go to extensive lengths to work on it. I'll send em back to the manufacturer if need be. But, if you polish a turd, it's still a turd. I sell failure guns to buy guns that work. If the Subby didn't work, sorry, but it's crap to me. Folding is not important to me. Glock mags are nice (33 rounder) but I hate Glocks so there is no mag compatibility for me, so that too is essentially useless. If you owned Glock, it would make sense.

So, if at any time this seemed a comparison of those, I don't see the Sub2K as the victor. Also, I'm completely off topic and apologize.

David E
March 27, 2012, 09:58 AM
, what is the point in a folding carbine?

Portability and discretion.

I got mine (SP) based on it's weight, not it's compact nature.

Point?

I find it ludicrous for some to state how excited they are that it fits in a suitcase. Who carries a carbine in a suitcase?!?! That's just plain scary.

It is? Do you have similar fears about "scary" handguns? :rolleyes:

PT92
March 27, 2012, 10:14 AM
Portability and discretion.

Point?

It is? Do you have similar fears about "scary" handguns? :rolleyes:
Agreed--Usually when I hear the term "scary" associated with guns it's verbiage (better known as BS) coming from the 'Left.' Whether or not I do fold my Sub and store it in a suitcase, duffle-bag etc. I still find it incredibly practical but in no way "scary":rolleyes:.

marv
March 27, 2012, 10:41 AM
Those who call the HiPoint ugly haven't looked around lately. If you put the new C9 compact beside the current crop of plastic 9's, SIG, Glock, Springfield, HK, etc you can hardly tell the difference. And the carbine is no worse looking than the others.

meanmrmustard
March 27, 2012, 05:24 PM
Agreed--Usually when I hear the term "scary" associated with guns it's verbiage (better known as BS) coming from the 'Left.' Whether or not I do fold my Sub and store it in a suitcase, duffle-bag etc. I still find it incredibly practical but in no way "scary":rolleyes:.
Practical? Hogwash. Left? No, I'm right-handed, thanks for asking. Do I find a hidden weapon, that ISN'T MINE scary? He'll yes, you don't? I love you guys as human beings, but i don't trust any of you. The only safe gun to me is the one I'm carrying. You don't have to be LEFT to be cautious, and it's that segregated thinking that keeps us losing ground with anti gun lobbyists. Jackasses carrying carbines folded up in a duffel, suitcase, heck stuffed down your pants isn't just ridiculous, it's impractical at best. Sell me on the different magazines that a Subby takes, not how it folds. No optics, no reason to fold it, and that charging handle location is about dumb.

What point are you looking for, cuz you got it already. Bought it cuz it was light, and what's YOUR point?

I fear no handgun I'm in control of, respect ones that are static, and I am cautious when someone
else is in control of one. If that's "left", sign me up.

Alas, once again, I digress from the OP. Call me what you will gentlemen, and quote only what you think will justify your posts. Im not going to throw this any farther off topic than I have. I've started a poll, vote if you like.

David E
March 27, 2012, 06:05 PM
Do I find a hidden weapon, that ISN'T MINE scary? Hell yes! I .......don't trust any of you..

Chuck U. Schumer thinks the exact same thing.

meanmrmustard
March 27, 2012, 06:49 PM
Case in point. You'd make a good writer...for National Inquirer. Good day sir.

meanmrmustard
March 27, 2012, 06:55 PM
Case in point, Dave. You'd make a good writer...for National Inquirer. Read what I write, and it's less interesting. Quote what works, and you look like a clever chap. Glad to have made your day sir. Im glad you enjoy your carbine, and that you are avfellow shooter with an identity and an opinion. I have mine, and I've stated it. Quoting partial information stated for public view? Dave, sounds like Janet Reno. Ewww.

If I'm in need of further insult, PM me. I would not want to damage this thread further.

David E
March 27, 2012, 08:12 PM
My partial quotes retained the entire essence of what you said and you know it. But if you insist.....

Practical? Hogwash.

How is having a long gun becoming more compact for ease of discreet transportation not practical?

Left? No, I'm right-handed, thanks for asking.

Irrelevant.

Do I find a hidden weapon, that ISN'T MINE scary? He'll yes, you don't? I love you guys as human beings, but i don't trust any of you.

Funny how not correcting "he'll" to the intended "hell," not deleting "you don't?" or "I love you guys as human beings, but" (the last being identified with several periods in a row) doesn't change the meaning of what you said in my partial quote, much less my response to it.

The only safe gun to me is the one I'm carrying. You don't have to be LEFT to be cautious, and it's that segregated thinking that keeps us losing ground with anti gun lobbyists.

Ah, so YOU are the only person who can be safe with guns. :rolleyes:

Jackasses carrying carbines folded up in a duffel, suitcase, heck stuffed down your pants isn't just ridiculous, it's impractical at best.

Jackasses? I thought we were on the same side.

Sell me on the different magazines that a Subby takes, not how it folds. No optics, no reason to fold it,

I don't care if you fold yours or not, so no reason to "sell" you on the idea.

and that charging handle location is about dumb.

Only if you don't understand how to run the gun properly.

What point are you looking for, cuz you got it already. Bought it cuz it was light, and what's YOUR point?

That there are other reasons besides its weight, but more importantly, to recognize that just because other people find certain features desirable that you pompously do not, does not make them a "jackass."

I fear no handgun I'm in control of, respect ones that are static, and I am cautious when someone
else is in control of one. If that's "left", sign me up.

Do you get nervous when in proximity of police officers?

Alas, once again, I digress from the OP. Call me what you will gentlemen, and quote only what you think will justify your posts. Im not going to throw this any farther off topic than I have. I've started a poll, vote if you like.

You sound like an elitist gunowner: YOU can have guns, because only YOU are safe with them and because you aren't a "jackass" because you don't fold a folding gun. :rolleyes:

meanmrmustard
March 27, 2012, 08:35 PM
PM me sir. You're grasping for an argument. You like the S2K, I don't. Let it go, so people can express themselves here. If you would like to discuss your politics, I invite you to message me personally. I appreciate your views, just don't agree with some of them. I've reread what I've posted, and I see nothing out of order.

With that, a non-leftist to another, if you wish to continue, you know my user name and how to message me. Thank you, sir.

David E
March 27, 2012, 09:36 PM
Whatever.

Do I find a hidden weapon, that ISN'T MINE scary? Hell yes, you don't? I .......don't trust any of you.

I bet you're against concealed carry, too.

Back to the OP, one thing about the Hi-Point carbine is lack of high capacity magazines. The elitists disagree about the "need" of such devices, but we Peons cherish such things, so it's not a small consideration.

meanmrmustard
March 27, 2012, 10:40 PM
Whatever? :rolleyes:

David E
March 28, 2012, 12:43 AM
I have a Mech-Tech carbine that I put a Para Ordnance frame on, chambered in .45 ACP. I have a couple 18 rd mags for it, topped off with a red dot sight.

It's fun to shoot, has a nice trigger and makes 50 yd shots easy for even the occasional shooter.

It doesn't fold, but it's still pretty cool!

nater762
March 28, 2012, 08:06 AM
"I have always been amused and puzzled by the circular argument used by the anti-Hi Point folks:

"I don't own a Hi Point because they are worthless junk which is proven by the fact that I don't own a Hi Point because if I did it wouldn't be junk but it is junk because I don't own a Hi Point...", and around and around.

Especially amusing was the comment by one poster that "They are junk, total junk. I have never seen one, but everyone on the xxx site says they are no good."

I did note the comment by the man who claims to be an instructor and sees repeated problems with Hi Points. My feeling is that the problems are due to limp wristing and the solution lies not with Hi Point, but with a more competent instructor.

Jim"

I owned one and it was junk...I traded it for ammo.

If you enjoyed reading about "Interesting Hi-Point Article" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!