Issues accessing THR?

PDA

Ryanxia
February 24, 2012, 04:21 PM
Anyone else having issues getting to THR homepage? My connection has been timing out all day and just got to the general discussion by clicking cache on the google search then general from there.

If you enjoyed reading about "Issues accessing THR?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Certaindeaf
February 24, 2012, 04:27 PM
After five hours of no joy this morning, I cleared cookies etc and was able to get it to load.

Ryanxia
February 24, 2012, 04:27 PM
I wish they hadn't moved this thread. Once I close this tab I won't be able to get back to it since I can't access the main home page. Oh well.

Ryanxia
February 24, 2012, 04:29 PM
Thanks Certaindeaf, solved my issue. You'd think that would have been the first thing I did. :)

Certaindeaf
February 24, 2012, 04:33 PM
No problem. I usually don't go "here" but now it's under the carpet. A matter of seconds. Wish I'd a thought of it sooner but that's what worked for me in the long run.

243winxb
February 25, 2012, 10:02 AM
My computer link to Handloading and Reloading forum stoped working yesterday. Reset it now works. Have 1 problem now, that i posted in this forum. Cache & Cookies have been deleted. Did not help.

Art Eatman
February 25, 2012, 10:32 AM
I can get in from IE, but not from Firefox. Others at TFL using Firefox have had no problems, but some have had intermittent problems with Firefox access.

mudrat454
February 25, 2012, 01:24 PM
I still cannot access the main page after clearing my cookies browsing history on IE. I am able to get to the pages if I google it and go into a different section other than home page and then I have to navigate around using the differnet section drop down options. Just wanted to be able to access www.thehighroad.org without going around to get in.

Any suggestions?

This all began yesterday morning.

Mal H
February 25, 2012, 01:38 PM
Derek - any ideas? The problem is happening to too many people to be an isolated browser issue like we thought at first.

Derek Zeanah
February 25, 2012, 02:00 PM
Derek - any ideas? The problem is happening to too many people to be an isolated browser issue like we thought at first.
I'm almost certain it's tied to the outage we had. If they try to connect and their browser remembers the issue, then they can't get here.

Trying to connect with another browser, or another machine that didn't try to connect in the early AM during the outage should prove that it's that browser on that machine, and clearing cache should resolve it.

Of course, "should" is rarely guaranteed.

Walkalong
February 25, 2012, 02:12 PM
Interesting. The computer in my loading room would not connect, but this laptop does. I'll have to play with the other one. Firefox on both. Perhaps different versions, as there have been several Firefox updates lately.

Walkalong
February 25, 2012, 02:36 PM
Clearing everything in the load room computer fixed it there.

243winxb
February 25, 2012, 03:26 PM
Working now. Cleaned and clear everything. Logged back in. All good now. Thank you.

bayouguy
February 25, 2012, 03:53 PM
I can get to it from my main computer but can't get tapatalk to connect at all

buck460XVR
February 25, 2012, 04:00 PM
Yep....problems here too. Had to come in the back door as the front door is still locked.

243winxb
February 25, 2012, 04:11 PM
window 7 has under safety, a thing called "preserve favorites website data" You need to clear this along with cookies & cache. I also run a full virus scan.

sirgilligan
February 26, 2012, 06:51 PM
I can connect from my iPad but not from my Mac.

Double Vision
February 27, 2012, 09:14 AM
I can't access Rifle Country!

KSCCHTrainer
February 27, 2012, 11:40 AM
I can't access the site using Mozilla Firefox, but I can if I run Internet Explorer. I hate IE as it has too many security issues all the time.

JohnM
February 27, 2012, 11:51 AM
I went through a period of several days unable to connect with FireFox, but could with IE.
On another nearly identical computer I could get here with FF.
I finally cleared out all history, cookies, etc. on this one and now seems to work normally again.
Pretty strange, but computers can be strange anyway.

Mal H
February 27, 2012, 11:53 AM
Did you both delete cookies and clear cache? If you are using Windows 7 you also need to clear "Preserve Favorites website data" under the Safety menu.

JohnM
February 27, 2012, 12:48 PM
Both my computers are XP, built a couple weeks apart after lightning destroyed a bunch of stuff.
Both were identical, but for some reason they work differently now.
Trying to delete all the history actually locked up this one, but when it finally got restarted it was working right again.
It would try to connect here, but would finally time out.
I still have absolutely no idea what happened.

KSCCHTrainer
February 27, 2012, 08:13 PM
Did you both delete cookies and clear cache? If you are using Windows 7 you also need to clear "Preserve Favorites website data" under the Safety menu.
Yeah Mal, I did, but evidently the first time it didn't clear everything. I did a complete clear cookies and clear cache and it still didn't work. I then ran IPCONFIG and had it flush the DNS resolver and went back and did a clear cookies, clear cache again. Somewhere in one of those "flush" operations, the problem went away.

I am running an old Dell 8100 with Windows XP Pro and Firefox for the browser. Firefox has a few warts related to "Flash" that the Mozilla crew evidently hasn't solved yet but I still much prefer it to Internet "Exploder".

If you enjoyed reading about "Issues accessing THR?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!