Winchester 38 Ammo

PDA

Flyboy73
February 25, 2012, 03:42 AM
I just picked a box of Winchester 38 ammo tonight. Noticed something odd about the box. Bottom row 2nd from right. Seems the bullet was seated deeper then the other. Not sure if this is going to be a problem and would shoot fine or should i give winchester a call?

Brion

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester 38 Ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nelson133
February 25, 2012, 05:52 AM
While deeper seating can rise pressures, it doesn't look like that round is seated deep enough to cause a problem. If you were asking about a higher pressure round than a .38 special I might have a different answer.

Onmilo
February 25, 2012, 06:30 AM
That stuff is loaded so mild that I doubt it will cause a problem.
Since you are buying the cheap stuff, I am going to guess you don't have a kinetic bullet puller and a .38 seater die.
Tap bullet forward with bullet puller, use good round to set seater die depth & reseat the bullet.

pistolero guy
February 25, 2012, 09:32 AM
waste of time to call winchester...on questions like this they are trained to answer to not shoot it and send it back to them. on the possitive side, they may send or give you a cert. for a free box...

MartinS
February 25, 2012, 10:07 AM
One of the things new reloaders are warned about. Give them some feedback.

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester 38 Ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!