Problem in Handloading and Reloading Forum

PDA

243winxb
February 25, 2012, 10:57 AM
Yesterday, the direct link to Handloading & Reloading forum on my computer quit working. Reset, it now works. Problem now is when in only the Handloading and Reloading forum, when reading a thread, i can not click the "Threads in Forum: Handloading and Reloading" , at the top left of page, to return to the forum. The "forum jump" does work. Cache & Cookies have been deleted. Other wise, great website.

If you enjoyed reading about "Problem in Handloading and Reloading Forum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
February 25, 2012, 11:33 AM
Problem now is when in only the Handloading and Reloading forum, when reading a thread, i can not click the "Threads in Forum: Handloading and Reloading" , at the top left of page, to return to the forum.

I'm confused. Did that ever work? The item "Threads in Forum: <forum name>" isn't a link to anywhere in any forum, and it doesn't show up on a thread view page. Are you seeing that when you have a thread opened? Normally, you should see "View First Unread" in the same relative location, and that is a link.

243winxb
February 25, 2012, 12:40 PM
Yes, when a thread is open and i want to return to the forum. Photo with red arrow to the link in question. Not a major problem. Thank you. http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n420/joe1944usa/Saved%20stuff-private/HLproblem.jpg

Mal H
February 25, 2012, 01:35 PM
The indicated link is not "Threads in Forum: Handloading and Reloading" as you first described which is an item on the forum thread listing page.

The line you indicated should be a series of 3 separate links. When you hover your cursor over them do they change color to the link color (usually red)?

Have you tried a different browser to see if it is browser related?

243winxb
February 25, 2012, 02:38 PM
The series of 3 separate links all turn red when i pass the cursor over them.

Jorg Nysgerrig
February 25, 2012, 02:41 PM
What happens if you try to click this link? http://www.thehighroad.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Regardless, the first thing I would do is clear your internet cache.

243winxb
February 25, 2012, 02:45 PM
Jorg, clicking your link gets this "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" Cleared cache 2 times and rebooted. Going to run a virus scan now.

Mal H
February 25, 2012, 02:49 PM
Just on a hunch, have you changed any Java or JavaScript parameters or downloaded an update to Java? (Not a good hunch because that should affect all forums, not just H&R, but in this game, who knows what weirdlies can happen?)

Derek Zeanah
February 25, 2012, 02:54 PM
It's probably related to the 3 hour outage we had yesterday morning, and your web browser "remembering" that outage.

Try connecting using a different browser and you should get through.

Jorg Nysgerrig
February 25, 2012, 02:56 PM
Sorry, I missed that you cleared your cache already.

Java or Javascript shouldn't have broken the link I posted, so I'm not sure what would cause it.

The next thing I would try would be to narrow it down to whether it is the browser or the whole system. Do you have any other browsers installed? See if those work. If not, you can always try a different user account on the system.

I wonder if a file got corrupted and isn't being cleared when you clear the cache. I have seen that, but usually only if the computer blue screens or reset without shutting down.

Another option is to try to do a ctrl-F5 while you are on that "page cannot be displayed" error.

243winxb
February 25, 2012, 04:24 PM
Its working now. Cleaned & cleared everything. Logged back in. Looking great now. Thank you.

Mal H
February 25, 2012, 04:57 PM
Did you clear anything you hadn't before? If so, let us know because several members are having similar problems and we don't know what exactly to tell them.

243winxb
February 25, 2012, 05:05 PM
Did you clear anything you hadn't before? Yes, window 7 has under safety, a thing called "preserve favorites website data" I cleared this the 3th and last time along with everything else. Then run a full scan, my system was ok, not infected.

Jorg Nysgerrig
February 25, 2012, 05:09 PM
When enabled, the "Preserve Favorites website data" option keeps cache data of sites in your Favoriates and prevented the page from being cleared.

243winxb
February 25, 2012, 05:13 PM
Yes, i missed that the first 2 times. Thank you.

Mal H
February 25, 2012, 05:23 PM
That's a W-7 OS function and not a browser function (IE or Firefox)?

243winxb
February 25, 2012, 06:32 PM
Internet Explorer 9 , Windows 7

If you enjoyed reading about "Problem in Handloading and Reloading Forum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!