S&W Rear Sight

PDA

sigep749
February 25, 2012, 10:14 PM
I just bought a S&W 686-3 with an 8-3/8" barrell with the adjustable front sight. I believe its called a Silhouette?
It has a scope mount on it, but I would like to put a rear sight on, but I'm having trouble finding one, and not sure which one I would need.
Any ideas where to find one?
Anyone know what one I need (how tall?)?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W Rear Sight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bluetopper
February 25, 2012, 11:16 PM
A rear sight assembly that fits an L frame S&W is what you need. Look on ebay and gunbroker.com. The gun parts sites that I know of seem to be out.

rcmodel
February 25, 2012, 11:18 PM
Call S&W Monday and they will sell you the right one.

Forget eBay and Gunbroker unless you want to start a sight collection of the wrong ones.

rc

oldfool
February 26, 2012, 06:56 AM
Millet use to make of bunch of 'em aftermarket for all the frame sizes
I have a couple of their adjustable white outline rears on S&Ws, like 'em
Have not looked at their website in a long time, though

be real careful you know just what height rear sight you want, though, it is easy to pick the "wrong" one
if going that route, might need to e-mail 'em or call, your specific model style gun info re: "how tall ?"
or call S&W like rc said

bhk
February 26, 2012, 05:42 PM
Don't email Smith and Wesson. Call them. Works much better. They will ask you questions (model, serial number, etc) and get you the sight you need. They are not as fast as some places like Midway, but you will get your new sight in 7 to 10 days.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W Rear Sight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!