Did you ever use your gun barrel as a pry bar?

PDA

Pancho
February 26, 2012, 11:33 PM
Was watching "Swamp loggers" tonight and watched a good old boy use his prized 44 revolver barrel as a pry bar to drop a cyprus...........gave me chills and dropped this good ol boys points a bunch in my estimation.

If you enjoyed reading about "Did you ever use your gun barrel as a pry bar?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
drsfmd
February 26, 2012, 11:35 PM
Saw that too...

/headshake.

RaceM
February 26, 2012, 11:38 PM
I wouldn't go into the swamp with that boy for money, marbles, or chalk. It's a gun, not a crowbar or a wedge. Wonder if his 44 still shoots to point of aim after that.....

The Lone Haranguer
February 26, 2012, 11:40 PM
That is even worse than using the butt as a hammer to drive nails. :rolleyes:

Bush Pilot
February 27, 2012, 12:00 AM
I wouldn't go into the swamp with that boy for money, marbles, or chalk. It's a gun, not a crowbar or a wedge. Wonder if his 44 still shoots to point of aim after that.....
I doubt it would make much difference in his case.

shiftyer1
February 27, 2012, 12:14 AM
I love watchin that guy, a few episodes back he got excited and started shooting. He almost shot his toe off(he said). He was aiming towards his feet.

The way he goes thru boats, buggies and other vehicles and helpers it wouldn't surprise me to find out he goes thru guns the same way. Although he sure can hang on to a shirt:)

ApacheCoTodd
February 27, 2012, 12:54 AM
His antics get folk talking about him anyhow.

As far as the hammering, I just saw an old B&W western with the obligatory pounding of the wanted poster using the butt of a revolver and wondered how many kids were poorly influenced by that particular common mis-use.

BCRider
February 27, 2012, 01:59 AM
Any of the folks on these "reality" shows are well beyond being normal. I'll bet he did it knowing that it would ensure an extra season of shows. And that is worth far more than the value of the gun/prybar.

For the most part the most unrealistic shows around are the so called reality shows. The ones which are valid as reality are few and far between. The only one I ever watched was Survivor Man. Les Stroud actually put himself out there with nothing but an ELT beacon transmitter to depend on if the "stuff" really did hit the fan. Man Tracker wasn't too bad either other than I wonder about the camera guy(s) that followed the "prey".

Ridgerunner665
February 27, 2012, 02:01 AM
Sure I do....I also use a pry bar as a gun barrel occasionally.

R.W.Dale
February 27, 2012, 02:05 AM
Sadly the history channel is now dumbed down to little more than the "rednecks yelling at one another channel"

posted via tapatalk using android.

If you enjoyed reading about "Did you ever use your gun barrel as a pry bar?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!