Periodic Table of Firearms

PDA

TauZero
February 27, 2012, 03:02 PM
Since there are some humorous "Periodic Tables" on the Internet, i thought i'd make one up as the Periodic Table of Firearms.

There's only 103 spaces available, so if you don't see a "insert favorite gun here" then i'm sorry.

Anyway, i hope you like it.

In case the web site can't handle the full size picture, it's located here: http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff327/GreatTPhon/PeriodicTableofFirearms.jpg

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff327/GreatTPhon/PeriodicTableofFirearms.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Periodic Table of Firearms" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ryanxia
February 27, 2012, 04:22 PM
Someone's got a lot of time on their hands :)

wlewisiii
February 27, 2012, 04:25 PM
Cute. But the M1903 should be a few spaces over with the rest of the Mausers :what:

(grinning, ducking & running)

TurtlePhish
February 27, 2012, 04:26 PM
Really cool!

I like the section with all the futuristic movie guns :D

shotgunjoel
February 27, 2012, 04:27 PM
Very nice. As a chemist I appreciate that you grouped firearms properly.

XD Fan
February 27, 2012, 04:29 PM
What?! Where is Mal's pistol and Zoe's mare's leg?

Seriously, this is great. I love it. I want to print it and decopage (sp?) it on my shooting box.

valnar
February 27, 2012, 04:48 PM
It's scary that I get most of the Sci-Fi gun references. Funny stuff!

Gotta love Marvin the Martian.

Good job!

ms6852
February 27, 2012, 05:44 PM
Science and physics would definitely have been alot easier if tables like this were around in my time.

allaroundhunter
February 27, 2012, 05:49 PM
I like it....except the Remington 700 is missing :confused:

avs11054
February 27, 2012, 05:57 PM
Noisy Cricket...Awesome!

wannabeagunsmith
February 27, 2012, 06:00 PM
What? No glock?

Old krow
February 27, 2012, 06:14 PM
So does that mean that the Ithica NID is the most ammo-negative and likely to steal some else's ammo?

valnar
February 27, 2012, 06:47 PM
I like it....except the Remington 700 is missing
True. Maybe leaving off an Enfield or minor Mauser might have been a good idea.

El Mariachi
February 27, 2012, 06:51 PM
'We're gonna need a bigger table'.....

Ragnar Danneskjold
February 27, 2012, 06:51 PM
+1 on the Zat!! That's my absolute favorite sci-fi gun.

Cmeboston
February 27, 2012, 07:00 PM
No m14 either......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allaroundhunter
February 27, 2012, 07:06 PM
What? No glock?

Follow me for a second......bottom right of the table..... four from the end....G17

TauZero
February 27, 2012, 07:39 PM
To tell the truth, i just plumb forgot about the M14. It really should be on there. I thought of the Remington 700, then forgot about it when i could of used it.

But i'm not going to change it. Took me too long to make. I think the wife thinks i'm having some kind of online affair. Well, i sort of am, but not the kind she's thinking of...

Glad everyone is enjoying this. I learned a lot making this too!

J-Bar
February 27, 2012, 07:41 PM
...now we need Tom Lehrer to put it to music!!

allaroundhunter
February 27, 2012, 07:41 PM
The expensive guns coincide with the "noble" gases.....

El Mariachi
February 27, 2012, 07:49 PM
allaroundhunter

Oooooh, nicely played, Sir.....:D

B!ngoFuelUSN
February 27, 2012, 09:10 PM
Ahh, you beat me to it.
Though the gun/noble gas logic thing is that they are non-reactive. So they mix with nothing. Rare, and no accessories. Not sure that is accurately represented.
For the same reason, I'd move the AR one to the left. Violently reactive.
Thought I don't know what kind of salt you get if you mix one mauser with a few AK's.
:)

JSpear
February 27, 2012, 09:16 PM
...love it!! Would be an awesome poster!

Liberty1776
February 27, 2012, 10:13 PM
Beautiful. My only observation is you didn't include the Samaritan.

TauZero
February 27, 2012, 10:25 PM
What?! Where is Mal's pistol and Zoe's mare's leg?

Seriously, this is great. I love it. I want to print it and decopage (sp?) it on my shooting box.
Mal's pistol! Aw man, i forgot Serenity! OK, that's it, i can't let this go on without including something from Serenity. Maybe i'll slip in a Remington 700 somewhere. But that's it!! No more changes.

TauZero
February 27, 2012, 10:32 PM
Beautiful. My only observation is you didn't include the Samaritan.
I know, but i couldn't include everything. I also considered Constatine's Holy Shotgun and the Toon Gun from Who Killed Roger Rabitt.

J-Bar
February 27, 2012, 10:34 PM
Couldn't we please have at least one blackpowder gun, for historical reasons...

A Hawken, A Colt Paterson or 1851...

...pretty please!?

303tom
February 27, 2012, 10:38 PM
I don`t think it is done right............

valnar
February 28, 2012, 08:58 AM
TauZero, you have plenty of room if you remove some of the duplicates. Kimber Custom, for instance.

It depends on whether this chart is more revolutionary or evolutionary.

maskedman504
February 28, 2012, 10:21 AM
Ma Deuce is angry!

Hunter125
February 28, 2012, 12:03 PM
If you changing things you may as well replace the LCR with a S&W 642.

allaroundhunter
February 28, 2012, 12:17 PM
Okay okay, Tau, I like it. Thank you for putting in the work to do something clever like this! I was joking about not having the Remington 700 on there, but it seems to have sparked some criticisms and for that I apologize.

Everyone else, he couldn't possibly have thought of every gun, and even if he could, he could not have fit them onto the periodic table. Lets give credit where credit is due, huh?

TauZero
February 28, 2012, 12:39 PM
Okay okay, Tau, I like it. Thank you for putting in the work to do something clever like this! I was joking about not having the Remington 700 on there, but it seems to have sparked some criticisms and for that I apologize.

Everyone else, he couldn't possibly have thought of every gun, and even if he could, he could not have fit them onto the periodic table. Lets give credit where credit is due, huh?
Hey, no problem! I knew there would be a lot of opinions, and they're pretty good. Everyone is just having fun, and that was the whole idea. That simple fact means people are looking at it and thinking about it, which is pretty cool.

TauZero
February 28, 2012, 12:43 PM
If you changing things you may as well replace the LCR with a S&W 642.
Well, 4 out of 15 revolvers are S&W, so they're pretty well represented and i wanted more variety. They are also in order by year they came out (or pretty close to it). The LCR was one of the latest major brand revolvers to hit the market, so i put it last.

wannabeagunsmith
February 28, 2012, 02:48 PM
Follow me for a second......bottom right of the table..... four from the end....G17Oh....Missed that!

Hunter125
February 28, 2012, 09:56 PM
I didn't mean that as a criticism, I think your chart is awesome. Makes a lot of sense hearing your reasoning for it. Might have to be a background on my laptop for a while if you are okay with people downloading it.

deadasslast2004
February 28, 2012, 09:59 PM
didn't see this one!

cooldude14
February 28, 2012, 11:44 PM
The RPKs picture is an AKMS

TauZero
February 29, 2012, 12:57 AM
The RPKs picture is an AKMS
You, sir, are correct! It was meant to say AKS. I feel some tweaking coming along this weekend...

Chris-bob
February 29, 2012, 02:56 AM
Awesome job. Do you give permission for this to be shared?

TauZero
February 29, 2012, 12:13 PM
Awesome job. Do you give permission for this to be shared?
This was for fun! Share the fun! If you make money on it, though, consider throwing some my way.:D

I am going to make some small changes, soon.

TyGuy
February 29, 2012, 12:16 PM
+1 to the Tom Leherer reference.

The original link doesn't work for me. Does it work for others?

TauZero
March 1, 2012, 03:09 AM
OK, i changed the AKM to AKS and i removed the plasma pistol from Stargate and replaced it with a sonic rifle from Firefly.

I also checked the link, and it's working.

Glad you all liked it!:)

TauZero
March 1, 2012, 03:11 AM
Couldn't we please have at least one blackpowder gun, for historical reasons...

A Hawken, A Colt Paterson or 1851...

...pretty please!?
As soon as a new class of elements are added to the Periodic Table, the blackpower guns are in.

ArfinGreebly
March 1, 2012, 03:39 AM
Awesome. Goes right next to my Periodic Table of Perl Operators and the more recent Periodic Table of Beers.

+1 to the Tom Leherer reference.

Need to find a way to splice that together with It Makes A Fellow Proud To Be A Soldier (lyrics here (http://lyrics.wikia.com/Tom_Lehrer:It_Makes_A_Fellow_Proud_To_Be_A_Soldier)).
He's real R.A. material, and he was glad to swap
His switchblade and his old zip gun
For a bayonet and a new M-1
It makes a fellow proud to be a soldier!

But "Zip Gun" would need to be added to the Table.

And the bayonet?

Someone with too much time on his hands needs to concoct a Periodic Table of Sharp & Pointy Things.

:D

TauZero
March 1, 2012, 12:20 PM
I kind of pictured Leherer's Elements for this table.

What got me started was the "Periodic Table of Meat" and the "Periodic Table of Irrational Nonsense."

If you enjoyed reading about "Periodic Table of Firearms" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!