Ruger Single Ten Grips

PDA

KJS
February 27, 2012, 03:57 PM
I plan to buy a Single Ten & wanted to know if all the grip panels that fit Single Six models will also fit the Single Ten?

Ruger put "Hardwood Gunfighter" grips on the Ten, while a comparable Single Six has "Hardwood" grips. I learned "Gunfighter" means considerably thinner.

I have XL hands, so I'd like the option of changing to the thicker Single Six grips if after trying the gun out I decide something larger would better fit my big paws.

I'd welcome any other comments related to the Single Ten.

Thanks,
Karl

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Single Ten Grips" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Powerglide
February 27, 2012, 08:38 PM
Not sure, but, you could have some made prolly fairly cheaply in elk or something. just sayin.

TJx
February 28, 2012, 06:48 AM
I called Ruger when I was getting ready to buy a stainless Six last week to find out if I could buy the thinner Ten grips for it and yes they do fit and sell them.
Another nice thing about the stainless version is no ILS. (something to do with the space available with the wood grip.)

KJS
February 28, 2012, 11:23 AM
Another nice thing about the stainless version is no ILS.

I'm sorry, what's ILS?

98Redline
February 28, 2012, 11:27 AM
Internal Locking System

It is the Ruger equivalent to the "Hillary Hole" on the S&W revolvers

CraigC
February 28, 2012, 11:36 AM
It is the Ruger equivalent to the "Hillary Hole" on the S&W revolvers
Except that it actually works as intended, does not automatically engage itself and is easily ignored and forgotten.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Single Ten Grips" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!