my new old model

PDA

Tim37
February 27, 2012, 05:47 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/TimLinton/IMG00160-20120227-1616.jpg

the story goes i opened my big mouth a while back when i was out shooting with my uncle and ended up selling my mark II. i had plans on taking my tax returns along with the money i got out of the sell and buying a mark III. well i stopped in my local pawn shop to see if he happened to have one while i waited on the returns. well he didnt but he did have a single six :) i paid a little on the high side but flat gates arnt very common around here so i dont mind.
sn: 92XX so acourding to rugers web site that should make it a 54.

If you enjoyed reading about "my new old model" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
content
February 27, 2012, 06:12 PM
Hello friends and neighbors // Nice,4 digit, bet it shoots as smooth as it looks.

Congrats on finding what works for you!

Powerglide
February 27, 2012, 07:37 PM
Great gun, how high? lol

Tim37
February 27, 2012, 07:49 PM
475 so about 5 after taxes from what i read thats about what a mint one would retail for like i said im not too worried about it im happy with my buy.
i havent got to shoot it yet it will proablaby be next week befor i can get out and do that.
Thanks guys

sidheshooter
February 27, 2012, 08:49 PM
Everyone should own a single six, and the flatgates will do as well or better than any.

Nice find!

CraigC
February 28, 2012, 09:53 AM
Great old Single Six! Yes, you paid a little too much for it but I wouldn't worry about that. You could pay that much for a new one and not have half the character. ;)

Coyote3855
February 28, 2012, 12:37 PM
I bought mine new in 1967. Most of the blue is gone now, as I carried it daily on the ranch in harsh conditions - dust, rain, snow, etc. It remains one of my favorite handguns after who knows how many rounds over the years. You chose a gun with character and history. I don't think you paid too much, what ever the going rate.

Tim37
February 28, 2012, 05:54 PM
this is actualy my second single six my other one is a round 69 so its a old model too. It was my grandfathers its still in great condition. one of these days im gonna go buy a newer one that i can carry and bang around a little. not that im hard on my guns i would just hate to scratch my grandfathers gun he had it over 30 years and kept in looking good as new.

Frank V
February 28, 2012, 06:05 PM
That's nice Tim. Thanks for sharing.
Frank

If you enjoyed reading about "my new old model" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!