Minor Ruger grip question.

PDA

Jim NE
February 29, 2012, 07:42 PM
No big deal, but I was taking the stock grips off a used SP101 (recent purchase) to replace them with a rubber Hogue, and a little metal rod (about 1/2" long) fell out of a little sort of storage space behind one of the grip panels. What is that thing?

I have no owners manual for the gun and they neglected to put instructions with the new Hogue.

If you enjoyed reading about "Minor Ruger grip question." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
February 29, 2012, 07:46 PM
Used for takedown.

Ruger manuals are downloadable from Ruger website.

Takedown Pin = Page 19.

https://ruger-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/_manuals/sp101.pdf

rc

Jim NE
February 29, 2012, 08:02 PM
Thanks, rc.

New Hogue is on and I like the feel better than the original. We'll see what I think after I shoot it.

98Redline
March 1, 2012, 09:05 AM
BTW: If that little rod happens to get away from you, a section of straightened paperclip works just as well.

Waywatcher
March 1, 2012, 05:22 PM
Yep, rcmodel is correct, as usual. The pin is only ever used during field stripping.

I use just about anything rigid that fits in the hole that I happen to have laying around; wire nails, 1" brads, etc.

If you enjoyed reading about "Minor Ruger grip question." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!