How Rugged are Skinner Peep Sights?

PDA

ejnogarb
February 29, 2012, 09:52 PM
I'm going to be ordering a peep sight for my Marlin 1894CSS soon and I'm torn between getting the Skinner Express and the Skinner Tactical (which has protective wings). I like the look of the express but I'm concerned about sturdiness. My question to skinner sight owners out there is this: is the exposed sight on the express rugged enough that a little banging around won't affect accuracy? Anyone have any trouble with the sight shifting? Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "How Rugged are Skinner Peep Sights?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PO2Hammer
March 1, 2012, 10:33 AM
Not sure, thinking of getting one myself for my H&R .45 Colt carbine.
I have an aluminum Williams guide receiver sight on it now, and that's been a rugged litle sight, just a PITA to adjust with the tiny screws. I want to upgrade to Skinners.
http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/skinner-sights/

Old Time Hunter
March 1, 2012, 10:45 AM
Pretty tough sights, you can pound your buddies scopes to smithereens with the peep and still not lose your POI.

Also take a look at XS Sight Systems, their ghost ring set up is the cat's meow.

ChefJeff1
March 1, 2012, 11:03 AM
I think short of blatant abuse, it will hold up fine.
This one is the loaner sight from Marlinowners.com. It's "been around the block" and still looks and wsorks great.

stillkickin
March 1, 2012, 08:12 PM
mine have been beat around pretty bad and they are as sold as a rock. they will certainly withstand hard use

If you enjoyed reading about "How Rugged are Skinner Peep Sights?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!