Have you ever used your Soviet-issue Mosin cleaning kit?

PDA

TurtlePhish
March 1, 2012, 07:29 PM
The one in the little cloth pouch, with the jag, muzzle protector, little handle thing, etc.

I've done it a couple times just for fun. :p

If you enjoyed reading about "Have you ever used your Soviet-issue Mosin cleaning kit?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Vaarok
March 1, 2012, 10:08 PM
Why wouldn't you?

maskedman504
March 1, 2012, 10:10 PM
Nope- I just use my regular cleaning supplies. I tucked the kit away with the bayo so if I plan to sell, I have the whole package.

infmp32
March 1, 2012, 10:18 PM
My brother uses his on his Mosin. He also uses the ramrod and repro 18th century cleaning tools on his muskets. It's the reenactor in him.

SGW42
March 1, 2012, 11:21 PM
Haha, I use it every time because my cheesy three-piece cleaning rod is too short!

Soviet Russia, etc.

leadchucker
March 2, 2012, 12:55 PM
Why wouldn't you?

Better question; "Why would you?"

Onmilo
March 2, 2012, 05:19 PM
Why would I?
Because the system was included and I don't need to spend $30+ on cleaning gear to adequately clean a $100 rifle.

MilsurpShooter
March 2, 2012, 06:46 PM
Once. Was on a long range shoot with my 91/30 with PU Scope. Got snowed in at the hotel and all I use is surplus. Only had that with me and didn't want the salt sitting in the barrel until I could get home and clean it. Was very careful though, not a huge fan of steel cleaning supplies lol

If you enjoyed reading about "Have you ever used your Soviet-issue Mosin cleaning kit?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!