Reclassified ammo...

PDA

SilentStalker
March 1, 2012, 09:46 PM
Can someone tell me what it means when someone puts in the description that the ammo they are selling has been reclassified?

If you enjoyed reading about "Reclassified ammo..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Vaarok
March 1, 2012, 09:52 PM
Never seen reclassified. I've seen remanufactured, which just means commercially reloaded or military reject lots that were broken down and reloaded.

dbro822
March 1, 2012, 11:03 PM
I believe that it is a load that was made for the government, and once it hits surplus levels it is then given a new product code and offered to the public.

SilentStalker
March 1, 2012, 11:30 PM
^^^thanks guys. I am just trying to make sure it was nit surplus turned down or something! You know I do not want to buy any problem ammo if you know what I mean. I have found a pretty good stash at a pretty good price and if I can make absolutely sure there is nothing wrong with it then I will share the wealth ;)!

medalguy
March 1, 2012, 11:32 PM
Need more information: caliber, type, etc. It could also be ammo once made for LEO only and no longer any attempt made to keep us lowly commoners from getting our hands on it. Things like Federal Hydra-Shok come to mind.

SilentStalker
March 2, 2012, 12:16 AM
Its not anything that extravagant lol. It is a good size lot of xm 5.56. Prices are pretty good to.

medalguy
March 3, 2012, 12:43 AM
If it's US 5.56 then it might be a lot that didn't pass government QC for any reason and the manufacturer is selling it on the surplus market. Could be something like a contact overrun or just about anything else.

mgkdrgn
March 3, 2012, 09:36 PM
I would ask the seller what it means. We can speculate all we want, don't count for diddly.

If you enjoyed reading about "Reclassified ammo..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!