Heard on the news today

PDA

Brockak47
March 2, 2012, 10:24 PM
Some guy robbed an armored Garda truck and killed like 3 people, got away with 2.3 mil i think. something along those lines.

Anyway they described him as extremely armed with 3 automatic firearms, then 2 minutes later they proceeded to say 3 semi automatic handguns. So for all the people who only caught the first part they think he had mg's or something

I think the channel was fox or something, not quite sure couldn't see it too well was at the hospital.

I don't like how the news does that.

excuse me, just a :fire:rant:fire: I had to get out there lol

If you enjoyed reading about "Heard on the news today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
armoredman
March 2, 2012, 10:39 PM
I worked in that industry for 8.5 years - ALL successful robberies of any serious size are inside jobs. The suspect here was a 22 year old employee who killed his partner and ran. This is same company I used to work for, back when they were known as Armored Transport and later ATS Systems. Bad managers were promoted and poor business practices encouraged.
The trucks are the best part - they truly are moving fortresses. As for the reporting, when I see them describe a revolver as a Glock, well, all credibility is lost.

JShirley
March 3, 2012, 11:33 AM
Off-topic (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=472825).

If you enjoyed reading about "Heard on the news today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!