The Judge in 22lr ?

PDA

skidder
March 2, 2012, 11:20 PM
Maybe we passed judgement on the judge too soon? I found these 410/22lr adapters on Amazon for $20. What do you guys think?:rolleyes:
Here is the link to the video from the Amazon page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgOuzFDLi7A

Here is the Amazon product link
http://www.amazon.com/Chamber-Adapter-Shotgun-inch-chamber/dp/B005LDMUTA/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_1 (http://www.amazon.com/Chamber-Adapter-Shotgun-inch-chamber/dp/B005LDMUTA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330745429&sr=8-1)

I wonder if they would work in my H&R single shot break-open?

If you enjoyed reading about "The Judge in 22lr ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bikemutt
March 2, 2012, 11:53 PM
Ran across adapters like this when my eyes were good enough to shoot trap. All ya need is a 12 gauge, with the right adapter you can shoot 20/28/16 and .410.

It worked OK with a scattergun.

TennJed
March 3, 2012, 01:59 AM
I have considered those, but it seems like a lot of trouble to me. I would love to hear some first hand accounts though.

tubeshooter
March 3, 2012, 09:10 AM
Would this turn the Judge into the Bailiff?

Sorry - could not resist! :D

waidmann
March 3, 2012, 09:25 AM
I had some experience with some similar critters years ago in Europe. Krieghoff made some excellent ones with barrels that extended beyond the chamber area and a camming arangement for adjustment. They did well.

The other simply cartridge length with little more than a chamber were for dispatching wounded game with the shotgun barrel in direct contact.

Using an under-sized shotgun insert is one issue. I doubt you will be happy with these.

BCRider
March 3, 2012, 02:22 PM
If those adapters are rifled so it could shoot regular .22 bullets with decent accuracy then I could see them being worthwhile. Otherwise they are simply turning a bulky and heavy Judge into something even more heavy that shoots nothing more than little puffs of dust.

PabloJ
March 3, 2012, 04:59 PM
I have S&W .22 Magnum with .22lr inserts the concept works, but I much prefer to shoot centerfire rounds through it. Pulling spent rimfire brass a mano is kinda pia.

mgkdrgn
March 3, 2012, 10:45 PM
Would this turn the Judge into the Bailiff?

Sorry - could not resist! :D
More like the stenographer ....

GEM
March 4, 2012, 03:30 PM
I thing you should call it the Gavel as using it for a hammer might be the best plan. Sorry.

I just have to say - why?

oldfool
March 4, 2012, 03:41 PM
"Maybe we passed judgement on the judge too soon? "

uhhh,... nope, we didn't, sorry
that one is going to need more than downsizing of caliber
even if you switch from watermelon targets to ripe peachy-keen targets :evil:

cougar1717
March 5, 2012, 03:18 PM
Chamber adapters are almost always a disappointment IMHO. It would be one thing if the adapter was rifled - that would give you some sort of accuracy in the length of the cylinder, but remember that a .224 bullet is not going to touch the rifling of the bore meant for .452 bullets. Plus, the unload reload procedure is tedious - eject all the adapters, pull all the empty cases, reload the chamber adapters, reload the gun - every five shots.

hariph creek
March 5, 2012, 03:54 PM
why?

kozak6
March 6, 2012, 04:36 AM
The manufacturer is Short Lane Arms.

If you ask me, it's more like Short Bus Arms.

What a freaking stupid way to make an AOW.

If you enjoyed reading about "The Judge in 22lr ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!