Did Uncle Mikes stop making grips?

PDA

Wildbillz
March 4, 2012, 03:08 PM
Hi All
I started looking for some grips this evening and I can't even find grips on Uncle Mikes webpage. Did they stop making them?

WB

If you enjoyed reading about "Did Uncle Mikes stop making grips?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SFCRandall
March 4, 2012, 04:06 PM
Have'nt bought grips in a while, but now that I think about it, have'nt seen Uncle Mike's grips anywhere lately.

rcmodel
March 4, 2012, 04:20 PM
I don't know.
But S&W has them on sale now.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_764708_-1____ProductDisplayErrorView_N

rc

The Lone Haranguer
March 4, 2012, 04:50 PM
You can try looking under the "Butler Creek" name. However, a quick search of Midway's site only showed grip sleeves for autos.

Salmoneye
March 4, 2012, 09:45 PM
Ayuh...

As far as I have been able to determine, UM grips are now only available as used, and NOS through a few dealers, and the auction sites...

Best grip I ever used for taming recoil on the Super BlackHawk was their #59001...

Glad I still have a set...

Chindo18Z
March 4, 2012, 10:04 PM
Discontinued product line. They haven't been offered from Uncle Mike's since...oh, about 2006.

Great revolver handles, just hard to find these days. IIRC, several of their combat neoprene/rubber grip patterns were Craig Spegel designed.

DPris
March 5, 2012, 02:30 AM
No grips under either brand in their 2012 Product Guide from the SHOT Show.
Denis

crossrhodes
March 5, 2012, 08:31 AM
It's sad that Uncle Mikes moved their manufacturing operation to china a few years ago. A customer service person from Jerry's Inc, stated that the former workers of UM started their own shop and are now supplying them with grips.

InkEd
March 5, 2012, 10:17 AM
They got rebadged as Butler Creek grips. Then they were discontinued too. I just sold a pair that came on my j-frame for $10 plus shipping on another forum. More importantly, I bought a pair of "new old stock" ones from Numrich Gun Parts for my Redhawk. I would try them.

The Lone Haranguer
March 5, 2012, 01:50 PM
They got rebadged as Butler Creek grips. Then they were discontinued too.
OK, that would explain what I saw.

They were OEM on S&W revolvers throughout the 1990s and into the 2000s, so someone ought to have used ones somewhere.

If you enjoyed reading about "Did Uncle Mikes stop making grips?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!