Enfield Martini IV --- Look what followed me home ...

PDA

kopcicle
March 4, 2012, 04:59 PM
http://kopcicle.multiply.com/photos/album/24/The_armory_#photo=1

First a shameless plug for Diana Pinto . I knew her father for many years . The gun business runs in the family . Diana recently held a grand re-opening of the store in Renton WA . Those of you that have done business with the family need to stop in and wish them well .

This is technically an Enfield-Martini mark IV with a .303 British barrel of unknown origin .
I have no idea where the wood came from or who did the work . I just picked it up once and ...

Need I say more ? I need another caliber in the house like congress needs more lawyers .
I promise a range report and detailed pics at a later date . I just had to confess my sin (s) .

~kop

If you enjoyed reading about "Enfield Martini IV --- Look what followed me home ..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
skidooman603
March 4, 2012, 05:25 PM
http://kopcicle.multiply.com/photos/album/24/The_armory_#photo=1

First a shameless plug for Diana Pinto . I knew her father for many years . The gun business runs in the family . Diana recently held a grand re-opening of the store in Renton WA . Those of you that have done business with the family need to stop in and wish them well .

This is technically an Enfield-Martini mark IV with a .303 British barrel of unknown origin .
I have no idea where the wood came from or who did the work . I just picked it up once and ...

Need I say more ? I need another caliber in the house like congress needs more lawyers .
I promise a range report and detailed pics at a later date . I just had to confess my sin (s) .

~kop

Nice..

murdoc rose
March 4, 2012, 09:23 PM
neat, actually so neat now I want one.

Numeric
March 4, 2012, 10:31 PM
You sir, have a very classy rifle. I hope its accuracy is equal to its beauty.

303tom
March 5, 2012, 01:09 AM
That is cool, damn cool, can`t wait to see more pictures & a range report...........

JTJones
March 5, 2012, 01:18 AM
nice looking rifle. love that action !

kopcicle
March 15, 2012, 01:13 AM
Looking forward to the week end . I have several weights and shapes to choose from . I'll have to see if I remember which end goes in where ...

~kop

BCRider
March 15, 2012, 02:26 AM
Great looking rifle in a classic cartridge! I foresee a lot of smiles in your future.... :D

I often find it odd that the Martini action has been so neglected or avoided by the reproduction companies. Yet historically it seems to be found in a variety of rather stout chamberings that laugh at the pressures involved. After all military arms are not popular if they tend to operate near their limits and burst or break a lot as a result. Yet we just do not see any more modern Martini action equipped options.

My only Martini so far is an old Greener/Martini set up with a 12Ga barrel. I've only shot it a bit as I got it last fall and there hasn't been any decent times to try it at a trap range. But it operates slick as snot the couple of times I've taken it out to check the patterning and let a buddy try it.

Old Dog Man
March 16, 2012, 12:35 AM
I want to know where you were walking, so I can go there and maybe one will follow me home. Those are very cool actions. Al

buttrap
March 16, 2012, 02:11 AM
Does it have Metford or Enfeild type rifling?

commygun
March 16, 2012, 05:33 PM
That is ridiculously cool! Care to share what it cost?

Gordon
March 17, 2012, 01:11 AM
The bottom rifle is a 1903 marked BSA .303 in original shape
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i203/gordonhulme/oiling009.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i203/gordonhulme/oiling010.jpg

Kentucky-roughrider
March 17, 2012, 07:43 AM
If they build one in carbine length with a straight stoick for a good price, I would be one it like a white on rice.

If you enjoyed reading about "Enfield Martini IV --- Look what followed me home ..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!