Kerry's got his own intern problem!

PDA

Greg Bell
February 12, 2004, 11:43 AM
Guys,

Check out Drudge! What is it about these guys?

If you enjoyed reading about "Kerry's got his own intern problem!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BigG
February 12, 2004, 11:47 AM
A girl; or a young boy? :D

Obiwan
February 12, 2004, 11:58 AM
No worries....

He never had sexual relations with that woman....whatshername..

Burn the dress Johnny!

Obiwan
February 12, 2004, 12:08 PM
Not available in stores...Democrat Staffer Kneepads

TheBluesMan
February 12, 2004, 12:10 PM
I told a co-worker yesterday that Edwards will end up getting the nomination if Dean drops out. He told me I was nuts because Kerry had the nomination sewn up.

He came by my desk just now and apologized... :D

ojibweindian
February 12, 2004, 12:18 PM
WOW!

This is better than an episode of "The OC" :D

OF
February 12, 2004, 12:20 PM
Turbulence ahead! Please Fasten your Seatbelt!

- Gabe

Thumper
February 12, 2004, 12:24 PM
If this pans out (and Limbaugh is talking about it right now) it looks like Edwards might get the driver's seat.

Wonder if the DNC's overnight love affair with military service will turn sour?

El Tejon
February 12, 2004, 12:31 PM
Won't this strengthen Kerry's base?:confused: Do they really care?

Wonder if the feminists (what is left of them after the destruction during the Clinton regime) will comment?

Tropical Z
February 12, 2004, 12:32 PM
Link-Please

Greg L
February 12, 2004, 12:33 PM
http://www.drudgereport.com/

El Tejon
February 12, 2004, 12:34 PM
GO DEAN GO!!! [Insert lunatic scream]

Will this allow Gov. Cowtip another chance at the nomination? Please, please, please let it be.:cool:

Note: whatever you think of the Clintons they are master politicians. This latest torpedo job of Kerry was a master stroke by them. Using Clark as a kamikazi--pure instinct.

AJ Dual
February 12, 2004, 12:36 PM
All Right! :D

Let's keep "screamnin' Dean" in the fight!

YEEEEEEEARRRRRGH!:neener:

(edit)

Note: I can't even load www.drudgereport.com :D

And the timing before the WI primary couldn't be more impeccable...

Thumper
February 12, 2004, 12:36 PM
Happy Valentine's Day, Theresa!

Go Dean, you psychopathic freak of unfathomable ineptitude!!!!!!

YEEEEAGLARGH!!!

HankB
February 12, 2004, 12:40 PM
The next few days will determine whether this is on the level.

If so, it would be out of character for Kerry . . . his history would tend to suggest his preference is for rich women.

OF
February 12, 2004, 12:42 PM
Go Dean, you psychopathic freak of unfathomable ineptitude!!!!Well put! :)his history would tend to suggest his preference is for rich women.Ouch!

- Gabe

MicroBalrog
February 12, 2004, 12:43 PM
Kerry's got his own intern problem!

Excuse me, but what does a man's fitness for office have to do with his sex life? Even if he has 7 interns working shifts, why do I care?:confused:

Thumper
February 12, 2004, 12:44 PM
Deja VU!!!!!!!

They're baaaaack!!!

:D

Cool Hand Luke 22:36
February 12, 2004, 12:46 PM
:D :D :D :D

Boats
February 12, 2004, 12:46 PM
If so, it would be out of character for Kerry . . . his history would tend to suggest his preference is for rich women.

Given that before Bo-Tox he looked like a Shar-Pei, and even now merely looks like a bloodhound, his preference may have shifted to anyone willing.

fix
February 12, 2004, 12:48 PM
Excuse me, but what does a man's fitness for office have to do with his sex life?

I can't wait for Dean to get the nomination. Then we'll see all the Dems (or in MB's case, third parties with no stake in the matter at all :rolleyes: ) saying, "Excuse me, but what does a man's fitness for office have to do with his military record?"

I personally can't wait...

Thumper
February 12, 2004, 12:48 PM
Excuse me, but what does a man's fitness for office have to do with his sex life? Even if he has 7 interns working shifts, why do I care?

You shouldn't...you're an Isreali.

If Sharon was such blatant blackmail bait for HAMAS, would you care then?

Art Eatman
February 12, 2004, 12:53 PM
MB, it has to do with character. Those who would be leaders should adhere to higher standards. It's as simple as that. "Self discipline" should be an example set by those at the top. That creates credibility when discussing any sort of moral or ethical issue.

If you want to be "merely human", choose a different line of work.

Art

"If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen." (The source is left as an exercise for the student.)

MicroBalrog
February 12, 2004, 12:53 PM
If Sharon was such blatant blackmail bait for HAMAS, would you care then?

You mean like Itzhak Mordehai (a man in Sharon's entourage, aged over fifty, numerous sex scandals, teenage wife)?

MicroBalrog
February 12, 2004, 12:56 PM
Those who would be leaders should adhere to higher standards

And who defines these standards? In my world, a moral person is

a) one who does not hurt other people except in self-defense,

and, preferably

b)one who works actively to help others.

The person's sexual life (long as he isn't a rapist) matters none to me. I hav seen some superbly moral swingers, and totally immoral orthodox Jews (ever heard of Mishmarot Ha-Zniut?)

Thumper
February 12, 2004, 01:04 PM
You mean like Itzhak Mordehai (a man in Sharon's entourage, aged over fifty, numerous sex scandals, teenage wife)?

What do you mean by scandal...I thought this type of behaviour was fine by you in a leader?

b)one who works actively to help others.

Ah...so by being a huge supporter of gun control, he's actively working to help me, huh?

Baron Holbach4
February 12, 2004, 01:05 PM
The apoplectic liberal-left-democrat's baseless allegations that George Bush was "AWOL" during his National Guard service is beginning to backfire. If they are trying to nail Bush on the character issue, it is already coming back to haunt them. According to Drudge, the intern was sent overseas so Kerry's campaign would not have to deal with this character issue.

fix
February 12, 2004, 01:06 PM
I hav seen some superbly moral swingers

If that fits your definition of morality, then I don't think I want you to move here...regardless of your stance on guns. Sorry if that offends you, but that's how I feel. You'll just be another voter for the far left who, despite their cries of being pro-freedom, have this strange desire to disarm me. People should be free to do whatever they want but morality is, at it's very core, a restriction on freedom that we impose on ourselves voluntarily.

M1911Owner
February 12, 2004, 01:06 PM
"If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen." (The source is left as an exercise for the student.)A paraphrase of Goethe, no?:"All things, to give light, must endure burning!"--Goethe;) (With my apologies to HST)

ojibweindian
February 12, 2004, 01:07 PM
We're doing the character doesn't matter thing again? Thought that was settled with Clinton.

Substantiated evidence of scandals, sexual or otherwise, is cause for concern because of the increased chance of compromised security.

MicroBalrog
February 12, 2004, 01:09 PM
What do you mean by scandal...I thought this type of behaviour was fine by you in a leader?

Fine by me. Not by others here.:banghead:

Ah...so by being a huge supporter of gun control, he's actively working to help me, huh?

My issue with what was said here is not whether Kerry will be a good president. He'll be a bad one. But his sexual life has no bearing on that.

Thumper
February 12, 2004, 01:10 PM
You'll just be another voter for the far left

He IS far-left. He'll be happy to tell you.

MicroBalrog
February 12, 2004, 01:11 PM
You'll just be another voter for the far left who, despite their cries of being pro-freedom, have this strange desire to disarm me

I have strange desires to disarm you? Please provide proof to that end.

MicroBalrog
February 12, 2004, 01:12 PM
Thought that was settled with Clinton.

Yeah. It was settled by Clinton not getting impeached, I remember that.:D

Thumper
February 12, 2004, 01:12 PM
"thier" refers to the far left. The statement is easily defensible.

You do realize Kerry is married, correct, Micro?

MicroBalrog
February 12, 2004, 01:14 PM
He IS far-left. He'll be happy to tell you.
Define "far" left as opposed to "moderate" left?

Thumper
February 12, 2004, 01:16 PM
Find a mirror. Didn't you refer to yourself as communist a few times?

I do remember your admitting that the IDF wouldn't let you into a combat job because of "mental irregularities."

That would certainly qualify you for the far left.

MicroBalrog
February 12, 2004, 01:18 PM
Find a mirror. Didn't you refer to yourself as communist a few times?

[CHANT] QUOTE! QUOTE! QUOTE! [/QUOTE]

The reason of me not being in a combat job, mental irregularities regardless is me being a single son.

Besides, attack the argument...

yayarx7
February 12, 2004, 01:20 PM
It is all relative MB.

Edited to add: Clinton was impeached, but not convicted and removed from office. Source (http://www.mrdata.net/~MrData/books/icreport/defined.htm)

Mark Tyson
February 12, 2004, 01:20 PM
So maybe he's having an affair - him and half the freaking country. I'll bet he's looked at naked pictures on the Internet too! Whoop-dee ****. I'm with Microbalrog on this one. Our obsession with politician's sexual escapades makes us the laughing stock of the world. Let's talk about things that matter.

MicroBalrog
February 12, 2004, 01:24 PM
Edited to add: Clinton was impeached, but not convicted and
removed from office

Whatever the correct term is, did you see my point?

tiberius
February 12, 2004, 01:25 PM
Yeah. It was settled by Clinton not getting impeached, I remember that. I'm sure it's difficult for you to follow American news, but Mr. Clinton was impeached. The first since Andrew Johnson. Neither was removed from office, however.

yayarx7
February 12, 2004, 01:26 PM
It goes to character. if you do not care it is not an issue. A lot of us care.

Same thing with W's college drug and alcohol antics, if you care what he did 30 years ago then it is an issue, for most it was not.

Boats
February 12, 2004, 01:28 PM
It's never about the sex, it's about the lying that accompanies it. He has entered a contract based on mutual trust and respect with his wife, and if he so casually tossed that aside, why should he be trusted by me, who doesn't even know him, when he promises not to take my guns or money?

I hope it is is true, because except for his combat time in Viet Nam, Kerry's whole life has basically been a lie.

MicroBalrog
February 12, 2004, 01:28 PM
I was too young back then.:)

Thumper
February 12, 2004, 01:30 PM
This thread is pretty informative. Also cleared up some suspicions I had about another member.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53398&highlight=communism

The specific thread I remember,though, was you replying to Tamara and stating that you were a communist. Somehow, I can't locate that thread now.

I also specifically remember your claiming that your lack of combat service was due to a diagnosis of "mental irregularity," not the single son thing.

I remember thinking, "then why would they make him an armoror?"

Mark Tyson
February 12, 2004, 01:31 PM
Is every person who's ever had an affair disqualified from any position of trust?

M1911Owner
February 12, 2004, 01:31 PM
Excuse me, but what does a man's fitness for office have to do with his sex life? Even if he has 7 interns working shifts, why do I care?The reason is that character is a quality that suffuses one's entire being; it is not something that is compartmentalized such that, "He is of bad character in this area, but not it this area."

To put it more bluntly, a man who will cheat on his wife will cheat everybody.

yayarx7
February 12, 2004, 01:33 PM
The only problem I have with bad character is that it taints the office of the presidency of the United States. Back when Clinton was impeached I was overseas, the local people would laugh at our presidents antics and followed the news beter than I did. It was not really a big deal, but it made me embarased of my Commander in cheif. IMNSHO that should never, ever happen. (Also the fact that if I had commited a similar act I would lose my career.) The office must be held to at least the same standard as his troops right?

Legionnaire
February 12, 2004, 01:34 PM
Bet I can hold my breath until this thead is locked ... without turning blue! Kentucky Rifle, where are you??

Edited just to say "I'm blue already!" :uhoh:

!! Gasp !! ... Never mind.

Pendragon
February 12, 2004, 01:36 PM
If the indescretions are "not an issue" then why:

1. Does the candidate not come out and admit that in his idea of "morality", he is free to entertain any sexual partner he chooses.

2. Does the candidate usually deny and obfuscate such events?

3. Do people who do these things, when denial is no longer possible, admit to them, ask forgiveness (for what?) and appologise to their families?

I doubt the affair was with the full knowledge and consent of his wife. The main reason they keep it secret is due to their wives.

I will say it is not a problem when they can come out with their spouse and say "this is what I do, its no big deal and my wife thinks its great because now she does not have to fake headaches!"

So since they want to keep it a secret - for whatever reason, then it is now a point of leverage for those who would seek to use it.

"Back off on that bill Mr. President..."

"Get your troops out of our country Mr. President"

"Pardon this member of our organization Mr. President"

"We need more subsidies Mr. President"

etc.

It's an issue as long as they go to lengths to hide it or deny it.

ojibweindian
It's never about the sex, it's about the lying that accompanies it. He has entered a contract based on mutual trust and respect with his wife, and if he so casually tossed that aside, why should he be trusted by me, who doesn't even know him, when he promises not to take my guns or money?

Boats has it nailed.

It's not the fact he's screwed around, but that he went to great lengths to hide it/lie about it. Ever go through a background investigation? Doesn't really matter, for the most part, what you did, but whether you lied about it on the paperwork. Lying about it means it could be used to blackmail you into doing bad things.

gburner
It's quite simple, to me anyway.
If you lie to and cheat on the life partner that you have sworn before God to be faithful and honest to, you'll do it to the rest of the country without blinking an eye. What a steaming bag of excrement!:barf:

Thumper
February 12, 2004, 01:38 PM
You really want a leader whose loyalties are in question in a time of war?

Boats
February 12, 2004, 01:39 PM
Is every person who's ever had an affair disqualified from any position of trust?
Kerry's a job applicant. If I found this out about a job applicant for a position in my firm, and it proved to be true, then no job offer would be extended. No one is flawless, but some flaws run deeper than others, and infidelity to someone a guy supposedly loves is one of the deepest in my book because then what kind of fidelity would I ever be able to expect as an employer? Answer: Not much, as proven by a track record.

MicroBalrog
February 12, 2004, 01:41 PM
You do realize Kerry is married, correct, Micro?

No, I did not.

Like JFK, Nixon, Jefferson, Washington...

ojibweindian
February 12, 2004, 01:42 PM

You forgot Clinton.

I noticed that GB1 and GB2 aren't in that list of yours.

MicroBalrog
February 12, 2004, 01:45 PM
I noticed that GB1 and GB2 aren't in that list of yours.

And who would you rather have for president - JFK (NRA Member) or King George (Import Ban, RICO) the 1st? Thomas Jefferson or King George (Patriot Act, Campaign Finance) the 2nd?

M1911Owner
February 12, 2004, 01:45 PM
Like ... Jefferson, Washington... MicroBalrog, would you care to back that up? (With something more substantive than revisionist theories.)

HankB
February 12, 2004, 01:47 PM
Excuse me, but what does a man's fitness for office have to do with his sex life? Even if he has 7 interns working shifts, why do I care? If he's a randy bachelor, that's one thing. But if he's a married man like Kerry ( or Clinton) . . . well . . .

SEVEN interns? . .

I just don't have it in myself to trust a serial adulterer.

MicroBalrog
February 12, 2004, 01:48 PM
M1911Owner - my source for this is JR's rather factual novel.:)

Thumper
February 12, 2004, 01:48 PM
(I couldn't resist.) :D

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=792915

ojibweindian
February 12, 2004, 01:51 PM
And who would you rather have for president - JFK (NRA Member) or King George (Import Ban, RICO) the 1st? Thomas Jefferson or King George (Patriot Act, Campaign Finance) the 2nd?

Reagan!:D

cloudkiller
February 12, 2004, 01:55 PM
We have had lots of presidents with well-documented affairs from Jefferson on, including FDR, Eisenhower, Kennedy and others. We have had a president that people suspected was a homosexual (I think it was Buchanan, not sure).

Ultimately sexual fidelity is an issue historically totally unrelated from political office. Media figures from the 50s and 60s have been quoted as saying that in the "old days" the media knew to stay away from such issues. Of course, in the "old days' people were screwing around just as much, but it was considered impolite to talk about it. -- There was a great piece of research on wedding ceremonies done in rural New England in the Colonial era. Something like 30% of the brides showed signs of pregnancy. --- Aaah for the good old days!

That being said, I think that Dean is by far the better candidate, and more of a reformer than Dubya or Kerry in ways that will increase most freedoms, though sadly, probably not 2A freedoms.

M1911Owner
February 12, 2004, 01:55 PM
M1911Owner - my source for this is JR's rather factual novel. I don't know who "JR" is, but a "rather factual novel" doesn't strike me as a particularly reliable source of information from which to libel two very great men.

Selfdfenz
February 12, 2004, 01:56 PM
Thumper

"You really want a leader whose loyalties are in question in a time of war?"

Uh.....er.....X ring!

What else could a guy like Kerry be....given his VN era medals in one hand and the Flag of NVM in the other, old VN Veterns Against the War Dude that he was.

GW's gotta be smilin bout now.....and putting up a few of those happy "Dean Cheers" himself.

S-

Thumper
February 12, 2004, 01:58 PM
;)

fix
February 12, 2004, 02:00 PM
I don't know who "JR" is, but a "rather factual novel" doesn't strike me as a particularly reliable source of information

rather factual
moral swingers

oxymoron

ojibweindian
February 12, 2004, 02:02 PM
By "JR", I think Micro means our current President.

KMKeller
February 12, 2004, 02:06 PM
Get out your pens and write this down. Historical moment following closely...

I agree with boats perspective. :what:

Man, that stung!:D

Shooter 2.5
February 12, 2004, 02:11 PM
Like the lie that Fonda never met Kerry until he was a Senator.http://www.vnsfvetakerry.com/images/hanoijohn[1].jpg

Thumper
February 12, 2004, 02:15 PM
That picture's a fake. Someone made it up over in the Freeper forums as a goof.

We don't need moveon.org type garbage...there's enough real stuff on Kerry to bury him politically.

Shooter 2.5
February 12, 2004, 02:19 PM
I never knowingly post fake pictures. This has an AP heading so I believe you may be writing about the other pictures that have been posted such as the one with Kerry in front of a VC flag. Could you mean that one?

Thumper
February 12, 2004, 02:21 PM
Sorry shooter...I sounded more harsh than I realized. I know you wouldn't knowingly post a fake. That one is fake though...they fooled ya.

Iain
February 12, 2004, 02:22 PM
Well, personal attacks on other members aside this thread is pretty pathetic.

Mark is right, this apparent obsession with the bedroom antics of your Presidents and politicians does make the rest of the world smile in a bemused fashion.

Course if this was Bush Jr I bet the same posters wouldn't be so triumphant.

The partisanship is absolutely incredible. I have been thinking about spending some time in the States some time in the nearish future (but of course those who said they don't want Micro won't want me either). However, I have survived London's 'dangerous' streets for several years as a 'serf', but my concern is that if I ever deviated from the Republican (or Democrat) line in front of the wrong people I might just get tarred and feathered.

Thumper
February 12, 2004, 02:24 PM
However, I have survived London's 'dangerous' streets for several years as a 'serf', but my concern is that if I ever deviated from the Republican (or Democrat) line in front of the wrong people I might just get tarred and feathered.

Yep...blood's flowing in the streets over here. You'd better stay home. :D

Shooter 2.5
February 12, 2004, 02:32 PM
I'll stop posting that picture until I get some sort of comfirmation that it's real. I believe it is or they wouldn't have go to the trouble with the headline or the AP title.

Greg Bell
February 12, 2004, 02:41 PM
MicroBalrog,

I don't think this makes him a horrible person or even ineligible for the Presidency. However, he has been (through his minions) attacking Bush for intensly personal decisions (re Vietnam) and for being untrustworthy in general. It simply shows that Kerry should tread lightly on the character issue.

Also, a lot of people like to think that their President is basically a decent fellow. The last thing they want is another President who can't even manage his own affairs honorably.

GHB

February 12, 2004, 02:42 PM
St. Johns:

The partisanship is absolutely incredible. I have been thinking about spending some time in the States some time in the nearish future (but of course those who said they don't want Micro won't want me either). However, I have survived London's 'dangerous' streets for several years as a 'serf', but my concern is that if I ever deviated from the Republican (or Democrat) line in front of the wrong people I might just get tarred and feathered

Yep, If only we backward Americans had the UK's sedate, responsible, non-partisan political tradtion of rational, polite discourse that never gets into the personal lives of senior politicos.

"QUESTIONS FOR THE PRIME MINISTER..."

:D :D :D :D :D

M1911Owner
February 12, 2004, 02:43 PM
Shooter, I notice that the caption seems to be a bit more interested in Kerry than in Jane Fonda. Given the time it is supposed to come from, I would expect the focus to be on Miss Fonda, rather than the relatively unknown John Kerry. Which, to me, tends to suggest that it's bogus. But, you never know--the writer could have been a Kerry fan back then.

Iain
February 12, 2004, 02:45 PM
PMQ's tend to be about politics or the political record of the PM.

Never said we were perfect.

edited to add - Never said you were backward neither.

Thumper
February 12, 2004, 02:45 PM
That photo came from a poster at freerepublic.com who calls himself Registered and made it's way to Newsmax and then to Vietnam Veterans against Kerry.

It isn't real...and we don't need BS pictures to make our case. This isn't DU.

disclaimer: I thought it was real too, at first.

Thumper
February 12, 2004, 02:50 PM
Just to help out, here's where it was photoshopped from:

MBG
February 12, 2004, 03:17 PM
Veracity aside, you have to admit, that’s an impressive photo shop job.

I think, that unless Heinz divorces him (and pulls the purse strings) this probably won’t knock him off the path to the general election. I might be wrong, but the ABB crowd (Anyone But Bush) want the strongest candidate possible on the Democratic ticket.

Like it or not, this will be old news in September. Now only if the press would apply the same standards to the National Guard issue.

Marty

Sean Smith
February 12, 2004, 03:20 PM
Multiple sex scandals didn't even slow down Clinton. Even his impeachment was just a speed bump. Why would only one sex scandal have a practical effect on Kerry's campaign prospects? Clinton's affairs didn't save the Republicans in 1992 or 1996, why would they be assumed to break a Democratic candidate now?

:confused:

Boats
February 12, 2004, 03:26 PM
Clinton's affairs didn't save the Republicans in 1992 or 1996, why would they be assumed to break a Democratic candidate now?

First off, Kerry doesn't have near the Teflon that Clinton had. Second, Dubya, for all his faults, is a better campaigner than either his father or Dole.

I would also hazard a guess that rank and file Democrats have too much fatigue from defending BC's zipper antics to go through it again for someone as non-exciting as Kerry when they still have time to nominate someone without that particular foible.

mrapathy2000
February 12, 2004, 03:29 PM
shockwave flash movie of kerry (http://members.cox.net/macallan_the/Kerry/Kerry_MainPage.html)

from vietnam vets against kerry

hmmm bogus picture is uncool ammo.

ReadyontheRight
February 12, 2004, 03:41 PM

Do you have proof of Nixon and Washington?

All the accusations of Jefferson supposedly sleeping with Sally Hamings were during the 44 years he lived after his wife died.

ReadyontheRight
February 12, 2004, 03:43 PM
So...

I guess the French-looking John Kerry is now also French-Acting!:D :D :D

Shooter 2.5
February 12, 2004, 03:45 PM
Thanks. Usually Registered labels his pictures or they're humerous. I won't post that picture again.

Obiwan
February 12, 2004, 04:35 PM
Affairs are indicative of a lack of control , morality , and judgement.

As stated, Mr Gingrich stepped down...as did his original successor whose name escapes me.

Mr Clinton did not...lied like a rug until cornered, and didn't act terribly remorseful either.

Anyone that doesn't see the difference and double standard is blinded by their party allegiance.

I heard another rumor that if Dean doesn't get the Dem Nomination he may run on another ticket.......

That would be outstanding...split the liberals!

Selfdfenz
February 12, 2004, 04:41 PM
ReadyontheRight,
Hehehhehaha

You guys.
Too funny.

S-

Mark Tyson
February 12, 2004, 05:48 PM
I would also hazard a guess that rank and file Democrats have too much fatigue from defending BC's zipper antics to go through it again for someone as non-exciting as Kerry when they still have time to nominate someone without that particular foible.

You have no idea - I'm a Democrat, and I'm telling you in my area Democrats are mobilized in a way I've never seen them before. I'm hearing the same thing across the country. The anger at Bush (which I do not share) has gotten a lot of people fired up.

At the same time Bush is antagonizing his base with the immigrant amnesty proposal, runaway spending, and AWB renewal. I've heard local Republican party leaders say they're staying home in the General Election. They're just fed up.

Bush has mobilized the opposition and demobilized his political base.

I'm telling you Republicans: your man is in trouble. Big trouble. And it's his own fault, not the media's.

Michigander
February 12, 2004, 05:55 PM
El Tejon,

Won't this strengthen Kerry's base?

Hilarious!

But, it is a very fine point indeed.

BIGR
February 12, 2004, 06:22 PM
That man is a wolf in sheeps clothing. The gun grabbers just love him......

patentnonsense
February 12, 2004, 06:22 PM
Joihn Kerry is a Yale grad, and belongs to the SAME secret society as the Bushes: Skull and Bones.

There isn't much talk about this, but there should be:
Kerry looks to me like a continuation of the Clinton/Bush series - just another front man for the same old show.

7.62FullMetalJacket
February 12, 2004, 06:32 PM
A quote (paraphrased) from J.C. Watts during the impeachment scandal

"Character is measured by what you do when no one is looking"

Character is a huge prerequisite for holding the most powerful office in the world. It can be subjective. However, if this is true, it will cause massive damage. Americans tend to be socially conservative and attempt to be moral. Infidelity is over and above the aggregate theshold.

Now, if he comes clean and has an understanding wife, it may blunt the impact.

Carter was a horrible Executive, but no one can question his morals or character. Reagan also had upstanding morals and character. As did GWHB. Americans do value morality in their leading man.

Remember, Kerry is not the President (ala Klinton), but the man who would be President. The system has time to wash him out.

Boats
February 12, 2004, 06:46 PM
Mark--

So are you telling me that Democrats, who may be fired up, are actually all fired up for Kerry? I thought the prevailing sentiment on your end of the spectrum was "Anybody But Bush," correct? That anger at Bush doesn't necessarily materialize into happy supporters of another Captain Happypants carrying the Jackass banner.

Between Kerry's corporate honoraria, his votes for many of Bush's policies, and other non-progressive "sins," I'd expect 50/50 odds of a third party candidacy from the left as I would an outright Republican landslide if the hottest topic this summer is how many notches are in Kerry's bedpost of late. Clinton fatigue was real, and the enthusiam for Kerry in the Democratic base is pretty obviously shallow.

Me on the other hand, won't have another viable choice but Bush. I will never vote for anyone with a 100% score from the Bradys, (let alone ANYONE from Massachusetts).

fix
February 12, 2004, 06:49 PM
Captain Happypants carrying the Jackass banner.

bountyhunter
February 12, 2004, 06:52 PM
i checked the most heavily pro-Bush news outlet (FOX news) and could not find the story about Kerry and an intern. ABC news does not have it. Anybody have a link to a reputable news service that has run the story?

Greg Bell
February 12, 2004, 06:53 PM
"I'm telling you Republicans: your man is in trouble. Big trouble. And it's his own fault, not the media's."

Umm hmm. Whatever helps you sleep. I can't wait to talk to you in Novemeber. You'll have all sorts of excuses, lawsuits, conspiracy theories-- but you guys have little to no shot with these losers. Americans are unlikely to tolerate a candidate whose defense strategy is de facto surrender. Not now.

I know gobs of Republicans too. I don't know any of them who plans to do anything but vote for Bush. Democrats were unhappy with Clinton in 96'--guess who they voted for? John Kerry will be doing Botox commercials (Dole/Viagra repeat?) by December.

Thumper
February 12, 2004, 06:54 PM
Nope...and you won't until it's completely out of control. Anyone remember how long it took for the mainstream media to pick up the Lewinsky story after Drudge broke it?f

greyhound
February 12, 2004, 06:55 PM
Is there any proof this is real?

Good grief, I wouldn't vote for Kerry if you paid me, yet its only February
and we've already had the "Bush was AWOL" scandal, the "Kerry and Jane Fonda" scandal and now this.

Is it going to be like this for 9 months? What about the issues?

I can see where folks like St. Johns can get a good chuckle out of this. And by the way, St, Johns, come on over. We're actually pretty friendly, and its standard American cultural practice to not spew politics at strangers (except on the internet :) ).

Plus, I think tar and feathering went out about 1850 (cleanliness obsessed Americans don't like getting all that icky tar on their hands and such):D .

Mark Tyson
February 12, 2004, 07:05 PM
So are you telling me that Democrats, who may be fired up, are actually all fired up for Kerry?

In my area, and talking to Democrats around the country, I would say yes, for the simple reason that he's seen as someone who can beat Bush.

And the "anyone but Bush crowd" is just in a maniacal snit. I think if the race were between Hitler and Bush they'd vote against Bush.

Umm hmm. Whatever helps you sleep.

I'm not losing sleep over the idea of a 2nd term for Bush, not because I think it can't happen, but because I don't think he's as bad as most other Democrats I know do.

I'm the exception.

7.62FullMetalJacket
February 12, 2004, 07:09 PM
"I'm telling you Republicans: your man is in trouble. Big trouble. And it's his own fault, not the media's."

Umm hmm. Whatever helps you sleep. I can't wait to talk to you in Novemeber. You'll have all sorts of excuses, lawsuits, conspiracy theories-- but you guys have little to no shot with these losers.

I am going to defen Mark Tyson on this one. Stick around awhile and you will see that Mr. Tyson is the most well-grounded Democrat you will find. Mr. Tyson was merely adding to the discussion, not waving the "jackass" banner.

fix
February 12, 2004, 07:15 PM
I'm telling you Republicans: your man is in trouble. Big trouble. And it's his own fault, not the media's.

I agree with this statement. However, if the Democratic candidates continue to self destruct...

Sharpton vs. Bush

Michigander
February 12, 2004, 07:15 PM
I used to vote Democrat years ago just because that is how my family and my public schools taught me; politically I was an idiot.

Then I woke up and found that the Republicans represented my new found ideals much, much better. And once they had the Congress and the Presidency, whoo hoo! or so I thought. Politically I was a fool.

Then I really woke up and have discovered that regardless of who runs the legislative or executive branches, be it reps or dems, bonesman or bonesman, the direction is the same.

I'm voting Libertarian regardless!

p.s. please don't wake me up this time.

Greg Bell
February 12, 2004, 07:46 PM
Hey, I didn't mean it in a mean way! I was just playfully responding to the doom and gloom. Bush isn't in any real danger. I don't expect Democrats or hard-core Libertarians and Greens to vote for him. By November, Republicans, who are VERY reliable at the poles, will be chomping at the bit to vote--especially now that the Republicans are actually worried they might lose. Middle of the roaders will have to decide between Bush and Kerry. Bush, who has made defending our country the focus of his administration, and who is hard to label as a doctrinaire conservative. On the other hand there is Kerry, who has an extremely leftist voting record, who will change positions on the fly (Iraq, WMDs, Gay Marriage, guns, Patriot Act ), and who has done nothing but help disarm this country during his political life. This isn't the 90's, we actually know who our enemies are. Kerry's medals can't undo the damage he has done to this country in the last three decades.

GHB

edited for homonyms!

7.62FullMetalJacket
February 12, 2004, 07:50 PM
I agree. A leopard can not change his spots as much as he may try.

M1911
February 12, 2004, 07:58 PM
Note: whatever you think of the Clintons they are master politicians. This latest torpedo job of Kerry was a master stroke by them. Using Clark as a kamikazi--pure instinct.Yup. Clinton's goal is that either his man (Clark) wins or Bush wins. If Bush wins, then Hillary can run in 2008.

M1911
February 12, 2004, 08:12 PM
Won't this strengthen Kerry's base?A number of years back, Louisiana Gov. Eddie Edwards was running for re-election during one of his gambling scandals. He said to the press that the only way he could lose was if they found him in bed with a live boy or a dead girl. Unfortunately, that doesn't disqualify you from office in Massachusetts -- witness our current and former congressmen Ted Kennedy (dead girl), Barney Franks (boyfriend turning tricks out of his condo), and Studds (got a 16-year-old male congressional page drunk and then sexually assaulted him). Is there any proof this is real?Not yet. But give it time.

pittspilot
February 12, 2004, 08:35 PM
The intern's identity has been discovered!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Mulliga
February 12, 2004, 09:09 PM
Then I really woke up and have discovered that regardless of who runs the legislative or executive branches, be it reps or dems, bonesman or bonesman, the direction is the same.

I'm voting Libertarian regardless!

p.s. please don't wake me up this time.

Speaking as a Libertarian myself, if the LP was really successful, then who knows what would happen? Wouldn't they become corrupt, too? I sometimes wonder. Maybe all the dirty money and favors going to the Repugs and the DemocRats would shift to the Libertarians (mocking nickname - Fibbertarians)...

CommonSense
February 12, 2004, 09:34 PM
Art Eatman:
MB, it has to do with character.

To be honest, I don’t really care if George W was into cocaine and boozing or even if he was AWOL in his younger years. I do admit they all show signs of bad character though.

If Kerry is getting a little on the side, that’s not for me to judge. I do admit that shows bad character though.

I want to know where they want to take America. Who among us is a Saint? Let those cast the first stone.

In the meantime, what will our next president do to get us out of the mess we are currently in? That’s what I need to know.

Dave Markowitz
February 12, 2004, 09:38 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Michigander
February 12, 2004, 09:40 PM
Mulliga,

Speaking as a Libertarian myself, if the LP was really successful, then who knows what would happen? Wouldn't they become corrupt, too? I sometimes wonder.

No need to wonder. You already know it will happen. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. A little power corrupts quite a bit as well. We can cross that bridge when we get to it. If the libertarians became very successful, you know many reps and dems would abandon their ship and bring their baggage with them. But hey, maybe we can get a third party in there, then when it goes rotten, get another third party in there, etc. Sooner or later maybe they'd get the picture.

One good thing about voting for a libertarian this time around will be that, even though a libertarian will not be elected, the dems are such bumbling fools, Bush will probably have a September or October surprise, the economy will be growing and Bush will win hands-down. That way, the dem gun-grabbers will not get in and Bush, who is apparently only an "assault-weapon-grabber" is probably the lesser of the two gun-grabbing :evil: 's. In the meantime, the libertarians build their base, get enough votes to share in the spoils of campaign finance --- then we're on our way.

There probably has never been a better time to vote for the libertarian candidate for president.

editted to add: shhhh, I'm still sleeping :o

stevelyn
February 12, 2004, 09:44 PM
Only in the U.S. do we get all worked up over who politicians might be sleeping with. Who cares? I don't as long as it's consensual. Attacking Kerry on something as inocuous as his sexual habits takes the focus from issues of real substance. His visions for America are far more dangerous and effect all of us.
Y'all need to get out of the Victorian age mindset and pay attention to the damage a President Kerry could inflict on Constitutional freedoms.

Thumper
February 12, 2004, 09:49 PM
Y'all need to get out of the Victorian age mindset

The concept of loyalty has nothing to do with a "Victorian age mindset." Its a simple trait, but one that I demand in a potential Commander in Chief.

Splat Shot
February 12, 2004, 10:02 PM
To those of you who don't have a problem with Kerry fooling around with a woman who is not his wife, what if that woman was your wife or daughter? What do you say now?

I have known a lot of guys like this who lie and cheat on their wives. In the long haul, they are not to be trusted. Period.

CommonSense
February 12, 2004, 10:02 PM
stevelyn:
...pay attention to the damage a President Kerry could inflict on Constitutional freedoms.

Are you saying he has something worse in mind than the “Patriot Act” or the Patriot Act II” in mind? If so, please share!

Thumper
February 12, 2004, 10:06 PM
Are you saying he has something worse in mind than the “Patriot Act” or the Patriot Act II” in mind? If so, please share!

Well, he's got a perfect score from the Million Moms, is a true believer in SERIOUS gun control, and he believes the U.S. military should be under U.N. control...

Greg Bell
February 12, 2004, 10:10 PM
"Are you saying he has something worse in mind than the “Patriot Act” or the Patriot Act II” in mind? If so, please share!"

:rolleyes:

7.62FullMetalJacket
February 12, 2004, 10:13 PM
How about a troop of blue helmets knocking on your door saying "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in"

Michigander
February 12, 2004, 10:14 PM
Do I see a pattern here:

President Ronald Reagan's wife, Nancy, is a strong minded woman with high morals.

President George H. W. Bush's wife, Barbara, is a strong minded woman with high morals.

President George W. Bush's wife, Laura, is a strong minded woman with high morals.

I don't recall any extra-marital affairs with these presidents.

Maybe it has more to do with the wives they choose. Maybe that is really more important, or at least more indicitive, in determining the character of a potential president. More likely, the two go hand-in-hand I suppose.

To me, if someone cheated on their wife, with whom they took a vow of fidelity, etc. and then broke that vow, it follows that if he were to become president and take an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America, that oath would be hollow and meaningless.

CommonSense
February 12, 2004, 10:19 PM
Thumper: Thank you for that information. Those were very helpful and offered insight. In my opinion (which I know won't be popular here), the U.N. should be moved to France or Africa.

Greg Bell: You just seeing your name online turns you on, eh? Congrats! You got it.

Greg Bell
February 12, 2004, 10:38 PM
"Greg Bell: You just seeing your name online turns you on, eh? Congrats! You got it."

Damn you CommenSense! You've found me out!! :D

Sorry, trite begets trite! :cool:

FW
February 12, 2004, 10:44 PM
Excuse me, but what does a man's fitness for office have to do with his sex life? Even if he has 7 interns working shifts, why do I care?

This kind of thing goes way beyond someone just having an affair. This is a case where a powerful person (senator, president, CEO, fill in the blank) may have had "relations" with an intern who is likely less than half his age. And this issue isn't age difference either.

Such situations seem to be cases of the person using his powerful postion (sentator, president, CEO, fill in the blank) to get what he may want (eg. sex) from the intern.

Or perhaps the intern, student, etc., may be attempting to sleep her way to the top. The person in the position of power giving bonuses, promotions, etc. to such a person is equally corrupt.

Besides, there are many workplace policies in both government an non government occupations that prohibit fratenizing of management and their subordinates. Someone breaks the rules and we're expected to believe they'll follow the rules in a higher office?

If this Kerry scandal is real, does any one actually believe this same intern would have had anything to do with the guy if he was janitor?

Even those who don't care about a man's character can't disagree with this.

February 12, 2004, 10:45 PM
Only in the U.S. do we get all worked up over who politicians might be sleeping with. Who cares? I don't as long as it's consensual. Attacking Kerry on something as inocuous as his sexual habits takes the focus from issues of real substance.

These scandals can be serious, and the US isn't the only place where they can have consequences. In the UK there was the Profumo scandal in 1963.

Given Kerry's past history of accepting campaign cash from Chinese Army Intelligence Officers, his present extramarital activities now raise the question of potential blackmail of a US President if he were to be elected. That's a risk this country shouldn't have to take. Kerry should withdraw from the race.

1963: The Profumo scandal

"At the height of the cold war in the early 60s, as the established order was challenged as never before, Britons paid rapt attention to a sordid little affair which involved a cabinet minister, a showgirl and a Soviet naval attache. Derek Brown looks back on 1963..."

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Politics/Pix/pictures/2001/04/11/pub_profumo.gif

more...
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/politicspast/story/0,9061,471383,00.html

CommonSense
February 12, 2004, 10:53 PM
Greg Bell:
Damn you CommenSense! You've found me out!!

Don’t fret about it, Greg. We all enjoyed your thoughtful comments and insight. Also, I’m guessing I wasn’t the only one.

Greg Bell
February 12, 2004, 10:56 PM
"Don't fret about it."

I'll try.:cuss:

CommonSense
February 12, 2004, 11:08 PM
Cool Hand Luke brings up a very interesting conversation. Back in the 50’s and 60’s blackmail was a very popular tool from what I’ve read. During that time period, the press in the US didn’t print our leaders background or their daily activities.

On the other hand, now they love to. I’m guessing that’s why our only choices are going to be Bush and Kerry.

Malone LaVeigh
February 13, 2004, 02:30 AM
This would be a very stupid reason to bounce Kerry from the nomination...

But I'll settle for it.

dinosaur
February 13, 2004, 06:10 AM
On Imus just now it`s being mentioned with Drudge as the source.

MSNBC is still reporting Clark will endorse Kerry. Kind of strange since Clark is quoted in the Drudge report as predicting a scandal.

hammer4nc
February 13, 2004, 07:54 AM
Kerry interview on Imus just ended. Imus wimped out, barely asking one question about the impending scandal..."Is there anything that would make me change my support for you? (Kerry) No, nothing." End of discussion. The whole interview sounded pre-scripted and pre-censored.

Granted, Imus is an entertainer (and a screwball), not a news guy. However, he's known for personal critiques of others on a regular basis. The puffballs he asked in this interview were very much out of character. The fix...

Art Eatman
February 13, 2004, 08:30 AM
Let's give this a rest until the media's feeding frenzy is done and we have some facts--whether "Yeah, he did." or "No, he didn't."

Art

If you enjoyed reading about "Kerry's got his own intern problem!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!