Interesting range day

PDA

gym
March 5, 2012, 09:03 PM
I was function teating my 40 EMP, after relpacing a recoil/guite rod assembly that springfield sent me, I take nothing for granted, I had fixed the old one with red locktite, and springfield would not hear of that, so they sent me a brand new module, consisting of a hald dozen parts. I shot a box, 3 mags through the gun, they come with 3 mags and I loaded each one twice. Gun ran smoother than before. I had re polished everything while it was apart. Now it's super accurate. Anyhow, an employee or owner, came out with a supressed ruger 22, and asked if anyone wanted to fire it. Everyone did, so I took only 1 shot, not being like some folks who took 3 and thus didn't allow some to experience it.
People are really selfish. It must be a new item for them, because he said $660.00 up front with the $200.00 tax stamp. It was one of the more popular brands, "can't think of it at the moment" but a nice suprise. I may get one, but not for a 22. I drilled a bullseye with it so no need to show off.
Turned around and my buddy from my development was showing his daughter how to shoot. "which I hate to shoot. I said here take this and teach the kid. He is a humble guy and didn't want to take it. Finally I said give me that thing, I haven't fired one in 15 years. I used to shoot that gun on the combat course.
Bang, jam, cleared by holding in the mag release while pulling the slide back, while Phil pulled it out. Some things never change.
Then 3 quick shots all dead center. I see you have fired this before. Yes as I handed him back a cleared gun. You never forget.Practice is good, but that muscle memory kicks in and it's like it never left your hand. My bug ran fine, all head shots at 15-25 feet. I hate the way it bites into my palm"ruger lcp", if it wasn't so darn reliable, I would get a little 9, but every time I start doing homework, I find a bunch of negative posts on all of the,. lc9, nano, diamondback, I can't find one small enough that works all the time.
Topped off the day, bu going to my favorite 5 brothers burger joint ,and coming out with someone elses food order. There were only 2 of us there. Just an odd day.Left my ammo home so it cost me another $30 for nothing, felt like the brain took the day off. still, shot fair, not great,2nd time with this gun, but all in the circle of 6 inches out to 25 yards other than the 2 mags of double taps. best group was 1 inch. The 380 is really not using sights, some one handed. The dbl taps are a little wide although none off the paper. They were done with wwb 40 caliber, as was most everything other that those little head shots with the 380. I find it's easier to be accurate onehanding it for me, and practicing with left and right hands.
No means my shooting ability here , new gun new parts, just testing the mags and recoil spring, guide rod etc, 10 minutes in and out. I can shoot may 26 in 1 1/2 inch groups all day, or a decent govt model. I find the trigger on the EMP is too heavy, I would like it at closer to 4 lbs, because of the size and abitity to move around easily, it needs a lighter trigger, anyone near me do this work? Vero Beach FL also the front, ns is out, just died, hate to lay up the gun, Springfield will do it free, but it has to go bye bye for a month, not happening.
Now to top it off, my gagare door just blew apart at the hinge, on my way for a workout, 2 hours and a makeshift bracket later, I am heading to bed. It was a good thing the car was already out and I was putting it up, or I would have dents and broked glass everyware. The force blew out half a dozen screws and the metal bracket.Great day, maybe get hit by a twister before midnight.

If you enjoyed reading about "Interesting range day" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wgaynor
March 6, 2012, 07:12 AM
Drink alot of coffee?

Red Tornado
March 6, 2012, 08:58 AM
^^^ And chase it with some 5 hour energy? :D
RT

The M
March 6, 2012, 08:59 AM
I have a headache now.

trailgator
March 6, 2012, 09:44 AM
That made me dizzy. :confused:

tdstout
March 6, 2012, 09:58 AM
Huh???

pockets
March 6, 2012, 10:40 AM
Wow.......just wow.

BREATH DEEP.......AND RELAX.

erkman
March 6, 2012, 10:46 AM
My head hurts too after trying to read that.

Driftertank
March 6, 2012, 11:15 AM
Spelling and paragraph structure. Helps other people follow what you're trying to say. No disrespect intended.

gym
March 6, 2012, 11:20 AM
Yea after reading that I definatelly needed sleep. Having dissability, and climbing a ladder 10 ft at night by myself, was no fun, I had no choice but to fix it, or leave the door up all night, It took everything out of me, "banging the frame with a hammer trying to be able to get a screw in with a nut to drill the bent holes for the stripped bent bracket to be secured with screws.
Sorry for the jibberish, it was a stupid day all around. But the emp needs a front night site if anyone local near Vero does this while you wait. It's just the vile that needs changing, "can be done on the slide", no need to remove it, either just remove the pin and tap it off replace entire site, or replace the vial if someone has the tool that does this .Trijicon also does this for free, but they need 4-6 weeks. I just hate laying up a gun that works for this issue.
Also I don't trust the fedex with guns or parts for guns. They have proved unreliable before, and left a 9mm outside my house, outside the gate, in the street. So I would rather pay to have it done, than lay it up, and take a chance on losing it. Even though they insure it, I have been down that road, and it took almost 4 months to resolve it.
Sorry for the foreign language last night.

youngda9
March 6, 2012, 11:29 AM
You can't pick your neighbors...

BP Hunter
March 6, 2012, 12:09 PM
we call that..flight of ideas...:D

sinbad339
March 6, 2012, 10:16 PM
... or stream of unconsciousness.

mo841
March 6, 2012, 11:13 PM
Reminds me of boomhower from king of the hill. sounds like a very interesting day to say the least

roadchoad
March 7, 2012, 10:01 AM
I opened this thread yesterday, took a look at that pile of letters, and closed it. I came back today hoping it had evolved into paragraphs. Darwin was wrong!

gp911
March 7, 2012, 07:09 PM
I like vinaigrette on my word salads. Sounds like a fun day though!

If you enjoyed reading about "Interesting range day" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!